DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NFZ near aircraft carriers

mryeje

Reactions
Question for Americans. The USS Dwight D. Eisenhower is going to be in Halifax NS, Canada for Canada day. Does anyone know how this may affect drone flights? We don't have this issue in Halifax normally so I have no idea.

I'm going to err on the side of caution and say that you can expect TFR's anywhere around the aircraft carrier. I would be highly surprised if they didn't enable one.

I'm going to err on the side of caution and say that you can expect TFR's anywhere around the aircraft carrier. I would be highly surprised if they didn't enable one.
Im actually looking to film at a location at the edge of the harbour, approx: 6km /4mi from the Canadian Naval base. I wouldnt dare fly anywhere close to the carrier but I'm worried that this might still put a kink in my plan. Whats a TFR btw?

Im actually looking to film at a location at the edge of the harbour, approx: 6km /4mi from the Canadian Naval base. I wouldnt dare fly anywhere close to the carrier but I'm worried that this might still put a kink in my plan. Whats a TFR btw?
Temporary Flight Restriction. If there aren't any flight restrictions there now then they may enable one once the carrier arrives. Not sure how large they'll make it though.

Temporary Flight Restriction. If there aren't any flight restrictions there now then they may enable one once the carrier arrives. Not sure how large they'll make it though.
Thanks for the info. Most of Halifax is a NFZ and up until several days ago we had to be 9km away from them; since then they've reduced that to 5.5km leaving just enough room to film a historic WWII bunker on the harbour. This might not have an affect on my flight. Ill play it by ear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard