DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night shot across the river

Porky

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My first half decent night shot I took a few weeks ago at my normal flying ground or should I say water ??? I bracketed 3 photos in raw then merged them together using photomatix pro6 then finished it off in Lr cc

1A21B322-E29C-43DC-B1BA-B2E828B94254.jpeg

Nice shot ?! :) When you bracket like that, are you adjusting the aperture yourself and manually taking all three shots or are you using the camera mode that automatically brackets and takes 3 or 5 exposures for you? Hoping one day I'll get good enough to combine shots and come up with something nice myself.

Reactions: Porky
My first half decent night shot I took a few weeks ago at my normal flying ground or should I say water [emoji854][emoji854][emoji200] I bracketed 3 photos in raw then merged them together using photomatix pro6 then finished it off in Lr cc

View attachment 67544

Jesus! I need a new drone, new post software and an iMac Pro to do something that nice. Most beautiful.

Thanks for your comment, ISBW much appreciated ? I use the 3 bracketed shots that’s standard on the Go4 app (auto) but I have the camera set on manual so I adjust aperture/shutter speed etc. I’m still learning all the photography stuff myself but I thoroughly enjoy playing around and experimenting to see what works. Don’t get me wrong 99% of my photos are crap.......????

Reactions: Cymruflyer and Chip
Thanks for your comment, ISBW much appreciated ? I use the 3 bracketed shots that’s standard on the Go4 app (auto) but I have the camera set on manual so I adjust aperture/shutter speed etc. I’m still learning all the photography stuff myself but I thoroughly enjoy playing around and experimenting to see what works. Don’t get me wrong 99% of my photos are crap.......????

Very cool! I've been trying that same 3 bracketed shots mode in Go4. But I haven't gotten good enough at photo editing to overlay the results yet. Part of the reason is I don't have a Lightroom subscription or some other editor to do the combining. I'll have to look into it.

And I'll have to see if I can find a good emoji to go with my username. IShouldBeWorking... Hmm... Maybe a ? or a?.

Reactions: Porky and Chip
Very cool! I've been trying that same 3 bracketed shots mode in Go4. But I haven't gotten good enough at photo editing to overlay the results yet. Part of the reason is I don't have a Lightroom subscription or some other editor to do the combining. I'll have to look into it.

And I'll have to see if I can find a good emoji to go with my username. IShouldBeWorking... Hmm... Maybe a ? or a?.
Try Microsoft ICE - Its Free
… Just select all Three and Whammo Adjust...

I always use Photomatix to merge my bracketed photos but this was the first time I actually used it to edit the the photo. I bought photomatix a couple of years ago but haven’t really used it for post. Again another experiment.... I’ve got Lr cc for the iPad not the full blown version you get on the desktop. I found finishing the photo off in Lr helped and improved the photo but yeah it comes with a cost.... monthly subscription ??

Look forward to seeing some of your photos, don’t worry if they are crap, look at some of mine?? I’ve learnt so much from forum members here so it’s a great place to throw questions about. I’m still not happy with the lights in my above photo, must be some way of sorting that out.

I’m sure you’ll get a nice pic for your username, mine followed me from the phantom/inspire forum to here. It was made for me by a member on this forum many years ago, stuck with me ever since ????

When ever I see you about @IShouldBeWorking i think of this ?

That's not too far from the truth actually. ? Except that guy has a bigger desk than I have. Thanks for the tip on Photomatix. I'll do some tinkering and share what I come up with. I used to work with actual film in an actual dark room in high school and college but things have certainly changed since those days. Definitely time to update my skills.

What did you want to do with the lights? If you want a greater range then use 5 images.

I wanted to somehow stop the sparkle from the main lights in the photo, just can’t seem to get rid of that.

I wanted to somehow stop the sparkle from the main lights in the photo, just can’t seem to get rid of that.
If you mean those tiny light beams or streaks emanating from the centre all the way around, that won't be possible and you get more and more pronounced the more you stop down the aperture. Those streaks are caused by the aperture being used when the photo is taken.

If you mean those tiny light beams or streaks emanating from the centre all the way around, that won't be possible and you get more and more pronounced the more you stop down the aperture. Those streaks are caused by the aperture being used when the photo is taken.

I think it’s called halos round the light not sparkling like I said:rolleyes:

So really I can’t do much about it then?

Do you mean the sort of glowing soft ring around the centre of the lights? There is nothing you can do about that, it is just the way light shows in an image It can be less or more depending upon the amount of moisture in the air. I don't think it detracts from the image.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki