DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Night traffic photos

Correct. Part 107 have to get an exception. Hobbyists can fly day or night. There are actually less restrictions on hobbyist flight than commercial.
I would disagree with this statement, i believe the only advantage a hobbyist has is the night flying. Living in eastern US i completed my 107 just so i didn't have to call all those **** helipads, farmer field airports, AMA model clubs, Mom and Pop airports, yadda yadda yadda before each of my flights. (not even sure most hobbyists are even aware of these regulations) Also now with online integration of flight in class B,C,D, and E authorization it is becoming easier to stay legal with 107.

Reactions: trriley5
I would disagree with this statement, i believe the only advantage a hobbyist has is the night flying. Living in eastern US i completed my 107 just so i didn't have to call all those **** helipads, farmer field airports, AMA model clubs, Mom and Pop airports, yadda yadda yadda before each of my flights. (not even sure most hobbyists are even aware of these regulations) Also now with online integration of flight in class B,C,D, and E authorization it is becoming easier to stay legal with 107.
Yea I see what you mean by that side of it.

What type of anti-collision lights are you all using for night flights as to not effect your photos? I assume you have been given waivers.

What type of anti-collision lights are you all using for night flights as to not effect your photos? I assume you have been given waivers.
Don't need waivers in the US as a hobbyist to fly at night.

Not the best, but still what you are looking for. Slow Shutter speed (I think this was 2.5 or 3 seconds).

Attachments

• DJI_0177.JPG
    DJI_0177.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 58
Fun stuff .... but I'm surprised nobody has cautioned here that its illegal to fly at night in hobby class in the US.
Can you give me the Federal Code that makes you think this? Don’t confuse a law with the FAA request of hobbiests.

Not "illegal" for hobbyists, especially if flying during civil twilight (30 mins before sunrise, 30 mins after sunset).

did some experimenting last night. 8 second shutter, 5 shot AEB combined in lightroom, tripod mode, gimble locked...Caught a plane in the second one. The last one is a single unedited shot with the ISO maxed, gimble lock is off and I wasn't in tripod mode... strange things but a cool effect.
DJI_0226-HDR.jpg DJI_0251-HDR1.jpg
DJI_0246.JPG

Reactions: OzoneVibe
8 seconds is probably too long of an exposure , that's why the last shot was blurry , just my guess..

8 seconds is probably too long of an exposure , that's why the last shot was blurry , just my guess..
As the poster said, not in tripod mode. Seen plenty of 8 sec shots with tripod mode. really clear and stable .... unless it's REALLY windy.

Reactions: Jesseg138
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki