DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NJ Wannabe

AirBear

Reactions
Glad I found this forum. I am considering either a Mavic Pro or Mavic Air for my first drone. I like the size and camera features of the pro and it's quieter running noise level. But the newer control features of the air are tempting. Also would like some contacts for central Jersey groups. Thanks, looking forward to some good times.

Reactions: dirkclod
What applications are you looking to use the drone for?

Have you tried MeetUp.com to look for groups? There is a Regional Meet Ups section on this forum: Regional Meet-Ups & Local Flyers

Just learning to fly, some aerial photos/videos of trips, mostly local scenes along the coast or parks. But I would rather start out with a decent drone I won't out grow too soon.
I looked there and saw some groups no too far and was hoping someone in the Ocean/Monmouth/Burlington county areas were here.
Appreciate the response.

Reactions: TheCordman
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.
Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic whichever one you decide on, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Glad I found this forum. I am considering either a Mavic Pro or Mavic Air for my first drone. I like the size and camera features of the pro and it's quieter running noise level. But the newer control features of the air are tempting. Also would like some contacts for central Jersey groups. Thanks, looking forward to some good times.
Howdy from Wyoming @AirBear , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Thanks, Mike, nice to hear from a local guy. I should be up soon after the New Year, any suggestions of unrestricted airspace near by?

Thanks, Mike, nice to hear from a local guy. I should be up soon after the New Year, any suggestions of unrestricted airspace near by?
For now I just fly at my local ball field, but this winter I'm going over to the ocean and get some shots of the beach. Most of the parks around here are a no fly.

I know the no fly feeling...I'm in Whiting in the middle of Maguire/Dix/Lakehurst and Miller Airpark in Berkley.
I'm in Ocean Gate, outside of Miller. The only thing I have to worry about is some helicopter activity once in a while. As soon as I hear them I drop altitude untill they leave the area.

Go with the MA if you are new to it... but understand that depending where you are flying distance is slightly limited. The pro is a great device (had one... the range is much better) but it’s old and outdated in the tech world. If you are spending a $1000 already you are better off with the M2Z. This hobby is not cheap but great!!! There is a lot to learn so be prepared to read, then read some more and then read some more... then ask questions. The Mavic air does really well in wide open spaces... I love it on the beach... no matter which way you go... MA or MP or M2Z you will have an excellent device to work with. I now own the M2Z, M2P and an MA. The little guy is for vacations. I have however had many drones over the years. Love watching/experiencing them get better all the time!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661