DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No ADS-B markings on my MA2

amstel78

Reactions
My Air 2 didn't have the ADS-B sticker on the front starboard arm. How can I confirm that this unit has the ADS-B receiver in it?

Ok, mine had the sticker, I took it off. What is ADS-B?

(Edited below to correct mistake)
It's a signal that airfract in the US (and other countries) broadcast so other aircraft know where they are. Note that only aircraft flying in controlled airspace Class A, B, C, and above 10,000 MSL Class E are required to have it, so there will always be some aircraft that do not have it. Military aircraft do not have to use it as well. Helps you know if a manned aircraft is near your drone.

Here's DJI's "commercial" about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rodtip and A.O.
It's a signal that airfract in the US (and other countries) broadcast so other aircraft know where they are. Note that only aircraft flying in controlled airspace are required to have it, so there will always be some aircraft that do not have it. Military aircraft do not have to use it as well. Helps you know if a manned aircraft is near your drone.

Ahh, ok. already had one warning.. plane was pretty far up though.

Ahh, ok. already had one warning.. plane was pretty far up though.

hehe The time I saw an ADS-B warning, the airplane was quite a ways off. The two airplanes that have been close did not have ADS-B.

Reactions: MA2 317
It's a signal that airfract in the US (and other countries) broadcast so other aircraft know where they are. Note that only aircraft flying in controlled airspace are required to have it, so there will always be some aircraft that do not have it. Military aircraft do not have to use it as well. Helps you know if a manned aircraft is near your drone.

Then a lot of aircraft around my home are in violation as I am in class D airspace and at least half of the lower altitude planes don't show up in FlightAware or FlightRadar24. I've been trying to find out what altitude some of them are. Some seem as if they are below 500ft. I realize this is a runway approach but too far out to be that low.

The Flightradar24 app that shows location and altitude information on aircraft with ADS is something that I always check before flying. It doesn't show military aircraft as has been pointed out, but in my area (San Francisco - East Bay Area) its good for spotting helicopters - especially lower flying medical evac and police.

Then a lot of aircraft around my home are in violation as I am in class D airspace and at least half of the lower altitude planes don't show up in FlightAware or FlightRadar24. I've been trying to find out what altitude some of them are. Some seem as if they are below 500ft. I realize this is a runway approach but too far out to be that low.

I made a mistake in my original post. It is not required in ALL controlled Airspace. Below is the correct chart:

1609436521870.png

I sent a drone to DJI for repair that had the ADS-B sticker on it, and the new drone that was returned to me did not have the marking. The function is still available in the app, but there’s just no markings on the drone to indicate it.

Very true.

We have a recurring project in a 150' grid less than a mile from and parallel to the final leg of a busy Class D airspace. We use FlightRadar 24 to monitor AGL of manned aircraft, just in case one is low (there are a lot of student pilots that fly out of KAPA). We'll usually have one or two what aren't transmitting.

Sorry I ended with this question instead of how much I actually enjoy and like the new Aircraft Avoidance setup BUT because I had another well almost police encounter over my drone I'm sure but here it is.... BUT I HAVE A PHYSOCOTIC CRAZY NEIGHBOR (ALSO I on my own decided to try to just stay away from flying by his property even the first time when a lieutenant came and spoke to me and told me **** him I should fly it where ever I want as long as I'm not being a weirdo with it of course he was a drone enthusiast as well and spent 20 mins talking about them with me but also cause my first encounter with this Child Manabe who was under the belief first off that i Had any clue who the hell he was and to top it that the cop was chastising me and specifically about flying by his house and something about bothering his wife which she came out that morning seen i was looking for something in my cul-de-sac I have lived in for 38 years and asked if she could help and if I wanted her to check her back yard of course I said if its not an inconvenience at all that would be very nice of you and I would appreciate it and well it wasn't there and I said Thank You so much for checking for me like that at least and that was the end of all interaction I had with her which was contrary to his bizarro world type talk which after then he went on to threating my drone saying he would destroy it if it was anywhere near his house again To which I tried very hardly to educate him that he would end up arrested and in Jail for such an act whether I wanted him to or not till he got to his driveway and then tried to tell me to come to his property and fight which I explained that I was a real MAN and I would meet him in the middle of the Street then he proceeded to go in side and call 911 as if this was an emergency (THIS IS NOW THE 2nd TIME THEY WERE CALLED BY DIFFERENT PEOPLE BUT NOT FOR SPYING OR EVEN LOW FLYING) of course this time I got an officer who lied to me quoting state statutes that didn't exist and is not even able to enforce or really be involved with I just had fun with him cause he was already being an idiot and not realizing he was making things worse by letting this child feel as if he won some how since the offficer is now at my house talking to me which i kept asking him why he has even came to my house to talk to me is beyond me since I was not the one Dialing 911 I know what its for its for emergencies and I was not in one nor in need of his assistance and did not especially appreciate that all my neighbors get to see me out front talking to an cop which he wanted to argue with me that that wasn't an issue and no body would think anything about that so after he finally left and my dad who laughed and loved the whole thing cause it was such a joke but talked me out of reporting or writing the officer a citation or 2 (yes just like the disbanding that happened you are also allowed to report and cite or at the least file a grievance against the bad lying and problem making not solving officers) especially because when he wanted to quote me the state statues I asked to go grab paper but went to make absolutely sure my cameras weren't just on recording video but audio at a loud enough level ) Sorry for such a long story but it kind of only makes my REAL QUESTION MAKE SENSE since once again a few days ago before sunset my usual time I take to get photos of Sunsets here I had hardly flew trying to actually get an Hub Zi 2 Ill say to work properly the police pull in and park in end of the cul-de-sac by his house but in a way so they had a clear view of me specifically and sat for awhile needless to say I avoided flying mostly especially the later and darker it got even after they finally went up to his house talked to him pretended to leave and the parked on the opposite side of me hoping i think i would night fly illegally which I do it as legally as I can but now this makes me wonder !!!! can the police track that transponder to tell if I'm flying to high or any possible siltation they could write me anything if they can that is with its data!!!!!! Or am I being to paranoid and They don't have access to such things only the FCC or some division of could access it as evidence against me. WHY THEY HAVENT OR WONT WRITE THIS MAN A TICKET FOR FALSE 911 CALLS IS BEYOND ME because I've been threatened with that for way more dangerous and realistic reason to have them come

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Wow. Nice neighbor. :rolleyes:

when a lieutenant came and spoke to me and told me **** him I should fly it where ever I want as long as I'm not being a weirdo with it of course he was a drone enthusiast as well and spent 20 mins talking about them with me

Maybe contact the lieutenant and invite him over on his time off to fly. That would be a hoot. :D
It could be like a community out reach program.

can the police track that transponder to tell if I'm flying to high or any possible siltation

If the department is equipped with a device like DJI's Aeroscope they could, but it may not be in the budget of some departments

With Remote ID coming around soon, who knows who'll be able to see the flights with an app on their phone. ?

They don't have access to such things only the FCC or some division of could access it as evidence against me.

The flight logs are on your device so...??

z
Man you know I would totally when I went inside to get paper and a pen to write the other cops fake bs statue down I was really looking for his card Because he specifically told me to call him the next time or any time this was ever an issue especially when 911 was used So he could take the other people to jail But of course I lost the damm thing I feel terrible I owed Him at least a beer if not a case or whatever but He was a real cop and a good person and so helpful to a brand new drone user which is now my main hobby and has single handily probably kept me out of prison again like most and at the very least has kept me out of REAL trouble and away from other addictive things and activities instead I'm a drug felon so I do tread lightly on everything I do around my neighbor hood not wanting problems or any issues really I am also very respectful to everyone and anyone at first until given a reason not to be but he is the one who told me and helped me realize that I am not a second class citizen or anything less of one just because of if it And i fought hard to get them back and keep them and that my rights where just the same and as important as everyone else's I never had and definitely better not let anyone trample or not recognize that again because I don't have to. Of course he was angry with the women they had to deal with that time for kind of the same thing they showed them no respect especially when I wasn't immediately arrested I guess which i did mess up because a certain wife had told me she was pretty sure it was in the yard behind her in a big tall planter and this was my 3rd drone a bugs 4w i flew once the night before and it took off so Me being an idiot i walk around the block use my phone to snap a pic of their back yard which i had no right to and shouldn't of done but I was worried and whatnot from there her and her mother with the dirtest mouth i had ever heard began to go irate and really then started very intently on stopping me from finding my drone i flew my bugs 3 looking but that didn't last long and finally put up flyers with rewards no where near their house really and that's when they finally threated calling the cops and I grabbed a flyer wrote my name address and all info on and handed to them and told them there that's so the police definitely know who and where i am and have no problem talking to them now the only thing the cop didn't believe they had my drone but the next morning a little boy and his father came to my door with it not wanting the reward but letting me know it was in their back yard in a planter box but I was lucky not to of hit a kid or something he said but not what house he lived at even when it was because i was offering to be sure not to fly over it again for certain if not program it in so I could never do it again because just pointing north was to general from me and not something I could promise unlike having at least a general area to know to avoid that's when I Knew for certain like I told the officer and my father and others that that's where it was it was in the crazy ladies yard the whole time like but since I was a known felon from the nosey neighbors spreading god knows what story about me I didn't deserve to be treated like a person But of course I also messed up big time trying to see it with my phone pics i took wrongfully over her fence into her backyard BUT IT WAS STILL NUTS and got or is still getting nutier when next the Oher guy came over thinking he was going to intimidate me with a fictional version of what had happened that day. And for it to happen again just 3 or 4 days ago was like the last straw I was praying they came down to talk to me again So I could do the one thing I got to learn in Prison to Speak their own PIG LATIN back to them as well as their procedures guidelines and being our employees as civil servants actually how to hold them accountable and if not how to in a way write them a ticket but not to just use their stuff against them but maybe get something more done together maybe but at least more towards solving a problem that doesn't need to really ever have happen Thanks for listening sorry If i babbled to much.

• Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1