DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No connection

Dino24

Reactions
Hi guys,
today I made my first flight with DJI Mavic 2 Zoom.
After two short flights, the third with the Mavic in flight, the controller said the connection was lost.
The App Go 4 said that the drone was disconnected, the return with the button did not work, I did not know what to do!
After many switching on and off, fortunately, there was a moment of connection and I was able to tell the drone to go home.
Should the connection fail, should Mavic not automatically return home?
Thank you

Yes. That is correct. I can switch off my remote controller with the Mavic Pro and have it return to home. It may have actually been attempting to return home once connection was lost. First it climbs to the preset altitude that has been specified within DJIGO4 and THEN returns home. This ascent may take some time to happen before the Mavic begins its return path.

To know for sure what happened you may upload your flight log to the forum and have some of the pro's take a look at it to determine what took place.

Follow this link to learn how to retrieve the flight log.
DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

...the controller said the connection was lost.
The App Go 4 said that the drone was disconnected,...
The word "controller" is often used to describe both the remote controller (RC) and the phone/tablet that is running Go 4 so are you referring to the RC or Go 4? If the RC is disconnected from the AC, it should display Connecting (at least that is how it works with my MP) and Go 4 will display Aircraft Disconnected with a red background. If your phone/tablet is disconnected from the RC, the RC will display telemetry data and control the AC, and Go 4 will display Disconnected with a grey background. Which is it in your case?
...the return with the button did not work, ...
The RTH button on the RC needs to be held down until it triggers RTH. Just pressing and releasing it will not trigger RTH.
...After many switching on and off, fortunately, there was a moment of connection and I was able to tell the drone to go home...
What were you switching on and off?
...Should the connection fail, should Mavic not automatically return home?...
It depends on how you have RTH set up. The default is to return to home and should if it has good GPS reception.