DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No dolly zoom

Droneboner

Reactions
Hello,
On my new dolly zoom drone, I unfortunately don’t find the icon of the DZ nowhere.
According to the tutorial and website DJI.com it should be in Quickshots, however the icon does not appear there.
According to some websites (eg thedronetrainer.com, heliguy), it should be found under timelaps, which is on my screen called hyperlapse (and by the way greyed out, so can’t use it)
Some say DZ is only available when you shoot at 1080p. Even then, the icon does not appear.
Reinstallled DJI Go 4 app (because I installed the app before I bought the drone). No positive result.
Doing anything wrong?
Does anybody have the right tip for me, please?
Thanks a lot!
Jan Nijs369C7A1B-EA77-4A13-BE21-4469CB814EAD.pngE818950A-9566-4CB1-B035-D0BE12B18645.png

Last edited:
As far as resolution goes, I think dolly zoom chooses it for you when you select the function from the menu. But to be sure.... It uses 1080P 30 frames. Try set your video resolution to that and see if that makes a difference.

Try put your finger on the option bar (seen in the bottom picture you posted) and try to slide it to your left, or slide it up.. The Dolly Zoom icon is next to the Asteroid icon and might be cut off because the screen isn't wide enough.

If that doesn't work, make sure you have firmware 01.00.0300 installed.

You don't mention which Mavic 2 you have. Make sure it's the Mavic 2 Zoom. The Mavic 2 Pro has no dolly zoom capability.

Last edited:
Hello,
On my new dolly zoom drone, I unfortunately don’t find the icon of the DZ nowhere.
According to the tutorial and website DJI.com it should be in Quickshots, however the icon does not appear there.
According to some websites (eg thedronetrainer.com, heliguy), it should be found under timelaps, which is on my screen called hyperlapse (and by the way greyed out, so can’t use it)
Some say DZ is only available when you shoot at 1080p. Even then, the icon does not appear.
Reinstallled DJI Go 4 app (because I installed the app before I bought the drone). No positive result.
Doing anything wrong?
Does anybody have the right tip for me, please?
Thanks a lot!
Jan NijsView attachment 63254View attachment 63255

Dolly Zoom is a method of Recording while you are flying forward but at the same time zooming in.
Dollly zoom is also used in flying Backwards and zooming in , nothing to do with a special button on the controller.

You can start a dolly zoom anywhere and depending how you set up your shot can achieve a nice result.
You can spot the dolly zoom on the way back.

Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendor.

Last edited:
Are u updated? U have to update looks like u are on old fw

Are u updated? U have to update looks like u are on old fw

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the tips.
It is indeed a dolly zoom. I tried all the sliders. I tried to change from 4K to 1080p.
What did help was to update the firmware. A bit surprisingly that a dolly zoom comes out of the box without dollyzoom.
I feared to update because, when I did it myself on my Inspire 1, it caused the drone not to respond to anny command any more. Had to bring him to the store to update.
In the case of the MVP2 Dolly zoom, the update from the DJI Go 4 app worked perfectly well, evenso for my extra batteries.
Got my dollyzoom icon and timelapse/hyperlapse too.
Thanks!
Jan

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
. A bit surprisingly that a dolly zoom comes out of the box without dollyzoom.

The proper name for the drone is "Mavic 2 Zoom". There is no 'dolly' in the name. It's called the Zoom because the camera has a variable focal length lens. (And I guess it's also to tell it from it's cousin the "Mavic 2 Pro".

DJI usually rushes to put a product on the market and then provides updates to the firmware later. Three features (Waypoint Missions, Precision Landing and Dolly Zoom) were added after the Mavic 2 Zoom went on sale. This is why you had to update the firmware in order to access the dolly zoom feature. Hopefully through time, we'll get even more firmware enhancements.

Glad to hear you got everything working !!!

Reactions: liviuaugustin
Yeah latest firmware :)

Also enables side sensors with POI and a few other positive things.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme