DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"No Fly Zone" error

Brycycle

Reactions
I have had this drone for a few days. It has flown fine for the first 2 days but then after that, when I would try to launch the drone, it would not allow me to take off because of a "no fly zone" even though the previous days it let me take off no problem. I tried going to different areas around town and I continued getting the same message. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it which worked for one flight. After that, however, it went back to telling me I was in a "no fly zone" and would not allow me to take off. I checked DJI's "No Fly Zone" map and I am not in one. Anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to permanently fix this?

I did, i updated it last Thursday, would a notification come up if there was another update?

Did u check if there actually no fly zone try moving out town and use it there and come back to the same place

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Trying to fly near Trump's Tower? [emoji23]
Do permanent TFRs (Terminal Flight Restrictions) get updated in the app and restrict you from flying?
I've never flown a DJI product and I'm still waiting for my Mavic to arrive so I don't have any experience with how the no fly zones work. Check www.skyvector.com and see if a TFR popped up over you.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

after turning off GEO settings, it now allows me to take off. I would greatly prefer if GEO actually worked though so I could rely on it for drone laws but it clearly is not working properly. I contacted someone at DJI about this issue

Reactions: Garrett
It is supposed to still be able to take off with GEO settings turned on. DJI does not recommend that you turn it off. It disables many safety notifications by doing so. There is an error in my area that does not allow me to launch

Will Letchi ignore NO FLY ZONES? Fricken trump visits to florida and 30 mile radius is a bummer to fly on weekends .

I have the same issue. after the last couple of updates I can not fly in a zone that is an auth zone. Used to be able to before just fine. If I turn off the GEO then it works like it used to before. Gives me a warning that Im getting close to the no fly zone.

Did u actually try to start the rotors or are u just going by the status indicator up near the top left? My work center is right in line with the flight line of a nearby airport. We r literally within 1/4 mile of the airport. I wanted to show the guys the MP and it wouldn't let me take off. When I tried to start the rotors, I got the message saying I was in a no fly zone. It asked me if I would like to unlock it. Once I hit the yes button, it immediately asked me if I wanted to unlock via a token or credit card. When I hit TOKEN my cellphone got a text message saying my token was 123456 or whatever 6 digits. It did NOT inform me when or where I needed to insert this token. Once I took the credit card option and gave it a good credit card number, it said the zone would be unlocked for 2 days. I then noticed that the status indicator up on the top left had changed to GPS ready for takeoff.

Did u actually try to start the rotors or are u just going by the status indicator up near the top left? My work center is right in line with the flight line of a nearby airport. We r literally within 1/4 mile of the airport. I wanted to show the guys the MP and it wouldn't let me take off. When I tried to start the rotors, I got the message saying I was in a no fly zone. It asked me if I would like to unlock it. Once I hit the yes button, it immediately asked me if I wanted to unlock via a token or credit card. When I hit TOKEN my cellphone got a text message saying my token was 123456 or whatever 6 digits. It did NOT inform me when or where I needed to insert this token. Once I took the credit card option and gave it a good credit card number, it said the zone would be unlocked for 2 days. I then noticed that the status indicator up on the top left had changed to GPS ready for takeoff.
I believe I tried. I will try again. It used to tell me right away if I wanted to unlock it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada