DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavicXly

Reactions
Hi guys,

First of all, merry Christmas to you all!

I finally received the new Mavic Pro Platinum, and I have not been able to see the preview in the phone since first unpacking it. Although, it is flying, it is not a good call to fly without a view on your phone.

I have noticed several errors, first of all, the Gimbal is disconnected, secondly, it says that there is No SD card when I am trying to reformat the SD card through the DJI Go application. Lastly, there is no image transmission. This has been the case since the first start up of the drone, and I have tried several things;

I have tried to reformat the SD card using the computer and use it again, still the drone will not recognize that there is a SD card. I have redownloaded the application, I have tried multiple Iphone, and I have tried to reset the controller and the drone to factory settings and redownload the firmware without any results. I am about to have a mental breakdown at this very moment. I have waited months for a drone that will not work.

Please help, any advice is helpful in this situation

Kind regards

Hi guys,

I finally received the new Mavic Pro Platinum, and I have not been able to see the preview in the phone since first unpacking it. Although, it is flying, it is not a good call to fly without a view on your phone.

I have noticed several errors, first of all, the Gimbal is disconnected, secondly, it says that there is No SD card when I am trying to reformat the SD card through the DJI Go application. Lastly, there is no image transmission. This has been the case since the first start up of the drone, and I have tried several things;

I have tried to reformat the SD card using the computer and use it again, still the drone will not recognize that there is a SD card. I have redownloaded the application, I have tried multiple Iphone, and I have tried to reset the controller and the drone to factory settings and redownload the firmware without any results. I am about to have a mental breakdown at this very moment. I have waited months for a drone that will not work.

Kind regards
Are you logged into your DJI account? Also have you tried other lightning USB cords?
Make sure your on the latest IOS.

Did you upgrade the firmware on drone and controller ? Did you do it with dji assistant app? Then each battery needs to be put on the drone to update them.

These issues that you describe are consistent what I have seen when firmware is updated on drone but not controller. Or vice versa

thats bull,you can run any version on either mavic or rc,will work fine,you need to make sure all your settings are correct on phone or tablet

IOS I'm running 700 mavic 1000 on rc ,android running 400 mavic , 700 on rc

Are you logged into your DJI account? Also have you tried other lightning USB cords?
Make sure your on the latest IOS.

Hey Drone Master,

I am logged into my DJI account yes, and I have tried two different USB cables using the outlet at the bottom of the controller. It does not even connect to the drone if I use those cables.

Did you upgrade the firmware on drone and controller ? Did you do it with dji assistant app? Then each battery needs to be put on the drone to update them.

These issues that you describe are consistent what I have seen when firmware is updated on drone but not controller. Or vice versa

They are both using the latest firmware, and I have tried to reset both of them and refresh the firmware. However, the RC is not able to restore to factory settings. It just says that it fails whenever I try to restore the RC, but the drone is able to be restored.

thats bull,you can run any version on either mavic or rc,will work fine,you need to make sure all your settings are correct on phone or tablet

What kind of settings are you talking about that I have to have correct on the phone or table

...I am logged into my DJI account yes, and I have tried two different USB cables using the outlet at the bottom of the controller. It does not even connect to the drone if I use those cables.
Did you unplug the short cable from the side of the RC? It won't work with it plugged in.

Reactions: Lapeer20m
Did you unplug the short cable from the side of the RC? It won't work with it plugged in.

I just tried to use a lightning cable while the short cable was unplugged with the same results. Gimbal disconnected, No Image transmission, and No SD card :/! I have reached out to DJI and I'm currently waiting for an answer.

Be sure that that the aircraft is not in WiFi mode.
Check the mode switch next to the SD card and make sure it is on RC mode.
Good luck.

Hi guys,

Kind regards

I bet you have SD card in upside down. Put it in contacts up. Not sure that will help video, but probably fix nonrecognition of SD card. Good luck

I bet you have SD card in upside down. Put it in contacts up. Not sure that will help video, but probably fix nonrecognition of SD card. Good luck
It’s next to impossible to place SD card in upside down with out noting that it will jam in sideways.

In re-reading this thread, I think the biggest clue is the "gimbal disconnected" message. Since you get that message on the Go 4 app, that implies your connection to the RC is good. I found this gimbal disconnect thread: Gimbal Disconnected?! - SOLVED?. In it the problem apparently was fixed by replacing the SD card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000