DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No internet connection

Raydee

Reactions
So it looks like the biggest flaw for me using the Smart Controller is every time I need to get approval to fly somewhere I have no internet connection. What do you guys do in this situation?

Got a mobile phone that can create a hotspot? That would be the easiest way to connect it when not near any usable Wi-Fi networks.

I will have to check and see if that works with my Samsung Note 8 using Verizon.

I tether my iPhone to my SC for internet, but I heard talk somewhere about using a dongle in the usb port but I cant remember much about it

Last edited:
I know my SmartController is connected to my house internet but it seems when I turn it off and then back on agin it loses connection and I have to re-initalize. And I have strong signal. Is that normal?

I know my SmartController is connected to my house internet but it seems when I turn it off and then back on agin it loses connection and I have to re-initalize. And I have strong signal. Is that normal?

Not normal in my experience. Mine re-connects to my home WiFi or mobile hotspot without issue.

If I get the LAANC authorization on my cell phone how does the smart controller know its authorized to fly and allows me to take off?
LAANC authorization only allows you to legally fly. DJI's software does not integrate with LAANC in any way, so it doesn't know whether or not you have FAA permission to fly. That means you'll also need to continue to unlock any DJI GEO Zones that are preventing you from flying.

Reactions: ff22
So, SC can hook to hotspot on your phone and do the procedure. But, try thinking ahead and do all authorization requests at home from your pc, then transfer it into SC. That will save a lot of time on the location.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661