DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No longer on Members Map

Where does one find the members map?
I have a better question - What good is it?

BTW, I didn't know how to find it either. Clicked on the link clackey posted, and I'm on it, but (thankfully) nowhere close to where I actually live. I don't really want a public pin on my house.

If it ever gets up and running, and/or improved somehow, I'd like to opt out please....

BTW, I didn't know how to find it either. Clicked on the link clackey posted, and I'm on it, but (thankfully) nowhere close to where I actually live. I don't really want a public pin on my house.

If it ever gets up and running, and/or improved somehow, I'd like to opt out please....
What good is it?...For me I can find other guys nearby and possibly meet up and fly with some of them...and learn some flying and camera using skills...I don't have that many flights under my belt, but I have always flown with another forum member who lives nearby....both of us are fairly familiar with all the rules and we find that having someone else who "knows the deal" is very helpful...reminding each other to check remaining battery power, keeping an eye on the drone in flight as an observer ...looking for manned aircraft when the warning comes up...

and learn some flying and camera using skills...
I'm glad some are getting good use out of it. That was actually a rhetorical question though.

BTW... Over the last 4 years, I've had over a dozen people contact me via PM, mostly when I was active on the PhantomPilots forum, asking where I was in GA. Most, if not all, lived in metro areas and had to travel to fly, or find a park or field and ask permission. After we found we were ~30-40 miles from each other, I invited them to come out sometime and fly. I own 27 acres with a big pasture out back, surrounded by literally thousands of acres of sparsely populated woods and fields. Most all the land owners know me and I have permission to fly their property.

All those who contacted me said OK, they'd like to come out sometime... none ever did, nor did I ever hear from them again.

So I guess my question should have been 'What good is it for me?

I'm in west central GA, anyone close enough is welcome to contact me and come here for an afternoon - after I communicate with them and find out what kind of person I'm dealing with.

Sounds like a nice place...I wish I lived closer...I would take you up on that and not let the opportunity slip away...have you posted any videos of the land?

I thought the map when I checked it out was showing my username with someone else's name. It appears this is not the case. It looks like someone is near me, very near if the map is accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a nice place...I wish I lived closer...I would take you up on that and not let the opportunity slip away...have you posted any videos of the land?
I too wish you lived closer, you seem like a nice guy :)

I'm not good at videos, been an amateur still photog for ~50 years though.... will PM you some pics later. Have a great day!

Reactions: MARK (LI)
I like the idea of possibly meeting other pilots in my area.
@clackey where in the member profile is the toggle for local address for Members Map?
Cheers,

Miner_jeff

I like the idea of possibly meeting other pilots in my area.
@clackey where in the member profile is the toggle for local address for Members Map?
Cheers,

Miner_jeff
I’m actually working to test a new mapping solution next week to see if it is an improvement over the current solution. Hopefully will know something soon.

Cassidy

I can see where it would be of value to some people but I personally prefer an opt-out. I prefer privacy. Hopefully using a VPN will keep me from being tagged. I don't like Remote ID either :)

Reactions: umanbean
Never checked it before, but I click on it and don't see a single person listed. Zoomed into my area to about the county level, and still nothing, not even myself.

Im not concerned about RemoteID and i formation about my flights, but certainly not keen on advertising my whereabouts to anyone on any social media platform.
If its pinging our IP and telling the world where we are, im out
Happy to share im based in Brisbane, not happy to advertise the suburb i live in

Last edited:
Reactions: Tufargon
Never checked it before, but I click on it and don't see a single person listed. Zoomed into my area to about the county level, and still nothing, not even myself.
I've checked the member map a few times over the last year or so, and I have always gotten the same result as you ... a totally empty map.

Ok testing a new members map plugin. It is still loading everyone but you can check it out. This one allows you to opt-out or drag/drop your location if it's incorrect.
Opt out as in
1DF61675-565F-4179-97E6-A1F3A8890E34.jpeg
Good. My City is shown under my avatar. Heck if I wanted guest
i would ask em 😀

My location is now off by 40 miles, definitely not based on my address.

Is funny kinda. Members freaking out about RID and some want
to be on the map. Go figure 🤷‍♂️👍

Reactions: AnzacJack

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimmy poole