DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No matter what front leds won’t work

Ollyb64

Reactions
Hi guys I’m new to this forum, and I was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice. I have a mavic pro platinum , all software updates and no matter what I try I can’t turn on my front leds. I have just bought the drone 2 weeks ago new, I also run the go fly 4 app on iPhone XR with iOS 14. It seems everything else works except for the front leds. I have the settings to turn them on or assign them to c1 and c2 but they just don’t come on. Any help would be appreciated.
Oliver

Reactions: TreeHugger
Have you set In the camera settings, "Head Led auto turn off"
If you have this set to "on" the leds turn off when you hit the shutter button for photos and filming

Do they flash or do their thing during boot?
In the advanced section of the quadcopter symbol menu are they switched on?
Likewise somewhere there is an option to switch them off/on whilst using the camera.

Dar n ninja'd

I have tried turning them on in advanced settings. The don’t flash when I start up the drone. I vaguely remember when I bought a mavic pro a couple of years ago it was a software update that stopped them working. After a later update they started working again. However with the M/Pro Platinum I haven’t even seen them flash once.

Thanks for the clip, I still can’t seem to find a reason for the front lights not turning on. I may try resetting everything and starting from fresh to see how things go. If anyone has had this issue I’d be really interested in hearing how it was resolved.

Reactions: kidroc
Yes, I think I have looked at most possibilities. This has truly become a situation where I may have to contact dji directly to see what they have to say. Thank you to all the responses to assist me with this issue

Hi guys I’m new to this forum, and I was hoping someone may be able to give me some advice. I have a mavic pro platinum , all software updates and no matter what I try I can’t turn on my front leds. I have just bought the drone 2 weeks ago new, I also run the go fly 4 app on iPhone XR with iOS 14. It seems everything else works except for the front leds. I have the settings to turn them on or assign them to c1 and c2 but they just don’t come on. Any help would be appreciated.
Oliver

Welcome to the forum! As you see, tons of resources / people willing to jump in and assist. Have a good time!

So with your problem, the not flashing on startup doesn't seem "settings" related.
It has not yet talked to your app / controller at this point. Someone kick me if these settings remain with the drone hardware. If after the "..full reset, start from scratch.." you mentioned, it still doesn't work - I'm sorry for your trouble!

Here’s an idea maybe the front leds are just plain broken as in non-functional.
Indeed!
(Although unlikely) Six wires total soldered to a circuit board power/control the lights on the two front.

Ya but - it's more that just wires. There is stuff (signals) on the wire that could have taken a dump.
Your pose just struck me funny - of course they are broke! Three wires for each leg, powered from two separate locations - it is a matter of electronics for sure.

Thanks for the clip, I still can’t seem to find a reason for the front lights not turning on. I may try resetting everything and starting from fresh to see how things go. If anyone has had this issue I’d be really interested in hearing how it was resolved.
I had that happen too me a bunch of times when I was doing custom firmware on the Mavic pro where it would stop the lights from working I would just do a refresh like everybody saying and I think you’ll be fine.

Hi all I have the same problem i only noticed it recently that the front LED wasn’t working then I started to doubt myself as I only bought it last year and they was working. I recently downloaded the latest version through DJI go 4 app. The LED work on start up so there ok and I can switch them on/off via C2, which I didn’t have to do before, reason no enabling switch on the controler, seems it went AWAL. Now I think this is a firmware upgrade that’s caused it, unless it was done by DJI for a reason. So I checked out the DJI assistant connected into computer and although it said latest version it did have a refresh message next to it. Should I enable refresh or leave it. Don’t want to mess it up.?

Have you had a look in the camera menus to see if they, if possible, are set to be switched off when the camera is recording?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes checked to make sure it’s not in recording, in fact I changed the C2 on RC to switch them on whilst switched on LED I took a picture and led went out same as video led went out, so it does what it should do according to the manual. I can’t think of any thing else apart from it’s a firmware problem. I even took it out for a short fly today in case the lights worked at flying but no nothing. I take it they supposed to flash?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum