DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Need in 3 threads. Here it is.

How big is the screen and the overall footprint of that smart controller?

I guess it needs a connection so you have to hotspot from your phone, even though you obviously would no longer need to connect your phone or iPad to it.
A connection will not be needed to fly.Just like any other drone and remote.
I read the screen is 5.5 inches,I guess like before.

I was hoping for a larger SC screen like the Autel SC, I was hoping DJI would release a SC that was was better than the one they had! To me the screen size plays an important role in details that can not be seen in a 5.5 " screen. A 7" to 8" built in screen produces a lot more real estate to see, also a 2000 bit ultra bright screen would be a hugh seller. End users need this for seeing things that a 5.5" 1000 bit screen can not produce!

This is a cheap fake... First, it can easily be seen, that the drone is cut out from the first photo and second the mirrored hand on the desk is empty.
Well, I do not believe these are fake!
2673E245-372B-4EC0-8D4B-950C36C7B661.jpegE3836905-DD7A-46A5-8853-778179C68AEC.jpeg

Reactions: Lastrexking
Are you able to share whether the zoom is digital or optical?
It is not known as of yet until further reviews are released. Most likely it will be digital due to the compact size of the dual camera body.

If you can use the telephoto for panos, that would be a good option, assuming it's really optical zoom.

But maybe more like phones, where it's just a static lens with a longer focal length.

If you can use the telephoto for panos, that would be a good option, assuming it's really optical zoom.

But maybe more like phones, where it's just a static lens with a longer focal length.
I don't think it will be a zoom, fixed focal length.

Wow, these are serious price predictions if they are anywhere near accurate :oops:

View attachment 135345
So $2500 to $5600 US Dollars for these things? And the Air 2S is $1000 for the bird and around $1700 for the fly more combo with the Smart controller?

Regardless of of performance or any of that, that seems like way to large of a price gap between the two offerings. It seems as though they would want something else to slot between the two if this is indeed the case.

The Cine is reported to include the new Smart Controller but even with all the gimmicks & gadgets and the new controller, I cannot explain the huge gap between the first plain set and the Cine. Must be something else.

While I am still completly satisfied with the Mavic 2 Pro, I cannot deny being interested in this release. However I am full into better image quality as for flying there's nothing really I miss: bigger sensor as MFT most likely results in lower noise/lower ISO in darker settings with equal resolution. A tele comes in handy at times and yet all these things have to prove themselves at this price range.

If the new Smart Controller "only" gives higher range (Occu Sync 3.0) and a bit faster processing but with the same screen and brightness, I might even stick with the v1 then (if supported, probably not in the first place).

What I personally hope for:
  • portrait mode (but that's not likely with the even bigger gimbal now)
  • AEB with panorama shots (seperately saved DNG ofc) possible
  • some "silent" mode with reduced speeds but softer prop sound
  • Certification for EU (with < 900 g weight)

Even with better hardware, we will see what DJI is going to do in its first releases on the software etc.

The gap between the normal and cine model doesn't sound that far off if the rumours are correct suggesting it has the fly more pack, the onboard 1TB storage, the new smart controller and hardware to improve transfer speeds. The price above is claiming £1600 more, looking at a current iphone as an example it's £500 to go from 128GB to 1TB and with the Mavic it's going from possibly only 8GB up to 1TB so that's going to cost a good chunk of money on its own. The current smart controller adds £400 to a Mavic 2 package and this newer one may be expensive so that's possibly over a thousand pounds on its own. High speed data transfer can hugely add to the cost as well, just look at the cost of how much Thunderbolt arrays cost.

@Johnmcl7
Well, it's still 1.900 EUR higher from the Fly more to the Cine ... and that is, as far as we now know, due to the Smart Controller v2 and possible 1 TB internal storage.

Either can't see the difference there, even if the Apple like charge additionally.
Maybe there's something more, but I wouldn't guess the Smart Controller v2 be very different than the v1 as the brightness and the resolutions seem untouched.

But I guess, we'll see more leaks incoming or have to wait until November at the latest.

@Johnmcl7
Well, it's still 1.900 EUR higher from the Fly more to the Cine ... and that is, as far as we now know, due to the Smart Controller v2 and possible 1 TB internal storage.

Either can't see the difference there, even if the Apple like charge additionally.
Maybe there's something more, but I wouldn't guess the Smart Controller v2 be very different than the v1 as the brightness and the resolutions seem untouched.

But I guess, we'll see more leaks incoming or have to wait until November at the latest.
Those prices are not 'apple like', they're just an indicative example (other company's memory upgrade costs are similar) and I'd expect DJI's memory costs to be higher as they may be using faster memory. As I said, even at lower prices you're looking at over a thousand pounds just for the memory and smart controller (1900 Euros is 1600 pounds) and high speed hardware can quickly get you to £1,600. Some of the prices for frame grabbers on normal cameras can be absolutely eye watering for what you seem to get which is why I'm not surprised at the price above.

That said it is just a rumour so there's little point in debating the prices until they are actually confirmed along with the specifications, then people can make up their mind if it's worth it.

@Johnmcl7
You are right, there's no point in debating these type of things as it is still rumours. ;-)

My point was, that this memory is nowadays all Flash NAND, which has been here for years and 1 TB likewise is something you wouldn't expect to have this tag (in the pc world, even with PCIe 4, SLC or lower MLC [DLC/TLC] in contrary Apple is trying to tell us with their phones). But that said, the price is not necessarily an expression of pure costs of manufacturing especially in film/photo professionell ambience.

These special devices certainly address a higher willingness to pay of mid to upper professionels at lower scales, as other companies offer them for amounts certainly way higher than for the memory itself.

To be completely honest I'm not sure if I'm willing to pay an extra $2,200 for a Smart Controller and 1TB of storage. There's gotta be more.

I am very committed now to buying this drone since I just literally came back home from meeting a buyer who just bought my Mavic 2 Pro with smart controller. I gave everything away at a giveaway price of $1,400 for everything. I gave it away indeed. My Mavic 2 Pro is exactly 3 years old today while my Smart Controller is 7 months old. Here are some pictures of it that I posted on Craigslist.
aRxC35I.jpg

dfmyNuI.jpg

As for the Mavic 3, I am truly hoping that this leak about the price is false because I am very demoralized now for I was hoping to buy the Cine version, but cannot afford $5,600 for it.

Converting the Euro prices above to US prices is truly alarming at what we get.
Mavic 3 base model = $2,500
Mavic 3 Fly More = $3,400
Mavic 3 Cine = $5,600

I am truly hoping this is not what DJI will charge us in the US for these packages. After flying with the Smart Controller only for like 7 months with my Mavic 2 Pro that I have owned for 3 years, I know my next drone purchase MUST have the smart controller. I just cannot see myself not having that any more. So, I hope DJI does not ask us to pay $5,600 for the M3 Cine.

I wonder how much the Smart Controller will cost by itself. $1,500? OR $2,000?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada