DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No Need in 3 threads. Here it is.

dirkclod

Reactions
Whenever I click on it I get an "The requested thread could not be found." error instead.

Reactions: dirkclod
Works now.

Thanks!

How big is the screen and the overall footprint of that smart controller?

I guess it needs a connection so you have to hotspot from your phone, even though you obviously would no longer need to connect your phone or iPad to it.

Works now.

Thanks!
Sorry it was my bad trying to keep up ?
I will have one.
Now all my buddy’s send me a dollor so I can get the flymore ?

I wonder what DJI Mavic 3 Wide Angle Lens is? It isn't coming with all 3 models like the DJI cellular transmission dongle.

1632535199822.png

How big is the screen and the overall footprint of that smart controller?

I guess it needs a connection so you have to hotspot from your phone, even though you obviously would no longer need to connect your phone or iPad to it.
Big screen? Same size as the current SC as far as I can discern - probably the same panel. Basic change I see is better connectivity with Occusync 3 - more transmit power and faster supported data rates. You don't need cell connections to fly. If LAANC or similar, use your phone for clearance. A dedicated controller that only worries about the drone is a good thing, imho.

Big screen? Same size as the current SC as far as I can discern - probably the same panel. Basic change I see is better connectivity with Occusync 3 - more transmit power and faster supported data rates. You don't need cell connections to fly. If LAANC or similar, use your phone for clearance. A dedicated controller that only worries about the drone is a good thing, imho.
I legally fly with a lot of planes in the distance and I love the map feature and announcement (I am never in the way but its fun knowing they are coming so I can shoot em), I wonder what that dongle is gona cost if I want a smart controller 2 for the map info.

I legally fly with a lot of planes in the distance and I love the map feature and announcement (I am never in the way but its fun knowing they are coming so I can shoot em), I wonder what that dongle is gona cost if I want a smart controller 2 for the map info.
Then use your phone as a hotspot. Easy peasy.

Then use your phone as a hotspot. Easy peasy.
that's what I am hoping, I don't have smart controller now. Just the type of controller that will ship with this (non smart air2). I am honestly wondering if I will want a smart controller.. I don't mind using my phone (s20 ultra), the extra brightness is only thing I like... but packing more crap is not a plus.

I fly my Air2 with the SC, the 1000 nit brightness is almost enough. You can fly with it in full sun, but I wish for 2000. The screen size - cell phone size - is the limitation I have. The icons are just too small - but they can't really be any larger, either. I can say it is convenient to just power up and fly and not have to mess with fitting the phone into a clamp, making sure the cable is connected, and all the unnecessary apps are off and not draining power trying to snoop what the drone is doing, etc. There's a 2000 nit 7" tablet out there I might consider when I change drones.

Reactions: TTP and VenomXts
No details on remote identification...?
I had assumed the next mavic pro release would be fully ready for it.
But I don't see any mention of it.
Doubt I would upgrade without it on-board and ready to go....
or at least a clear and easy path to get it going.

Some more leaked images!;)
C37FC396-4077-4DD2-BDE4-7EE13B0B2E6C.jpeg6C513987-BFAD-405A-8C8F-ABC2D11805F1.jpegABB31D6C-2540-4F90-822E-5531F387D4A7.jpeg

Any ideas on what the sensor sizes are in these two models. I'm sure the first one is 1", but is the Cine model a little bigger?

I fly my Air2 with the SC, the 1000 nit brightness is almost enough. You can fly with it in full sun, but I wish for 2000. The screen size - cell phone size - is the limitation I have. The icons are just too small - but they can't really be any larger, either. I can say it is convenient to just power up and fly and not have to mess with fitting the phone into a clamp, making sure the cable is connected, and all the unnecessary apps are off and not draining power trying to snoop what the drone is doing, etc. There's a 2000 nit 7" tablet out there I might consider when I change drones.
Yeah lately, I would connect my iPhone to the M2P controller, open the DJI app and it would not connect to the aircraft right away.

Seems like one of the later updates made a change.

The other question I have about the smart controller is, can you control the gimbal with long presses on the smart controller screen, the way you can with long-presses on the phone connected to the standard controller?

I find this way easier to control the gimbal movements.

Yeah lately, I would connect my iPhone to the M2P controller, open the DJI app and it would not connect to the aircraft right away.

Seems like one of the later updates made a change.

The other question I have about the smart controller is, can you control the gimbal with long presses on the smart controller screen, the way you can with long-presses on the phone connected to the standard controller?

I find this way easier to control the gimbal movements.
If I understand the question, yes. A tap on the screen gets you a view of the gimbal angle and while I don't use that method it seems to work just fine. I prefer the wheel - better fine control.

I can't be sure, but it seems the SC is just using the regular DJI Fly app or DJI Go and DJI Go4, etc. Nothing special that way. DJI Fly v1.4.8 for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31