DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No offline maps

LazyBird

Reactions
Hi everyone, need some help with a problem. I’m using the DJI app version 4.3.12 on my iPad mini 4 but cannot find offline maps on the app menu (screenshot attached). Any solutions?1AD38DF0-4749-49C8-B325-BB92C78ADDE0.png

Hi everyone, need some help with a problem. I’m using the DJI app version 4.3.12 on my iPad mini 4 but cannot find offline maps on the app menu (screenshot attached). Any solutions?View attachment 65865

On iOS it will not cache maps like on Android. It will cache the map for the area you are viewing while connected to internet but will not save it if you quit the app.

If you don’t have cellular internet on that device you can find where you will be flying on the map while you are in WiFi and zoom out to get the map to download and then just make sure to leave the iPad on and don’t force quit DJI Go. It will retain that downloaded map till you quit the app.

Most cell phones can also make a mobile-hotspot the iPad can connect to share cell service with your phone. That way you could also download maps in the field. If you chose that route I would reccomend getting the map to come up in the app but then putting both devices into airplane mode once you have what you need. The hotspot can interfere with the radio signal a bit

So, what would be the solution if I am flying to a foreign country and may not have access to the internet? Is there a method for saving maps using iOS in DJI Go?

So, what would be the solution if I am flying to a foreign country and may not have access to the internet? Is there a method for saving maps using iOS in DJI Go?

I looked it up and found the answer to my own question. DJI Go app shows cache maps is “on”, so it sounds like I need to go into the map where I plan to fly, and maneuver the map around in order to cache it.

I looked it up and found the answer to my own question. DJI Go app shows cache maps is “on”, so it sounds like I need to go into the map where I plan to fly, and maneuver the map around in order to cache it.

The iPad mini 4 loses the maps, even with “cache maps” turned on, the won’t be there after you reboot. It’s frustrating and I haven’t found a fix.

Reactions: Shon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998