DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No signal at short range

willi1s

Reactions
Hi.

I've had my MA for about 4 months and not had any issues with it, but I took it for a fly yesterday, and had an odd experience.

The controller reported "No signal" but I had only flown ~80 metres away. Very odd. I had a small panic as it was close the sea, so I let it return to home, even at my feet it still had no signal?

I restarted everything, and all was well, took it for a short flight in the same area without issue.

Has anyone else seen this? was it just a DJI GO4 glitch?

Last edited:
Hi.

I've had my MA for about 4 months and not had any issues with it, but I took it for a fly yesterday, and had an odd experience.

The controller reported "No signal" but I had only flown ~80 metres away. Very odd. I had a small panic as it was close the sea, so I let it return to home, even at my feet it still had no signal?

I restarted everything, and all was well, took it for a short flight in the same area without issue.

Has anyone else seen this? was it just a DJI GO4 glitch?

I believe I have the answer.
When you first turn the drone on, it is running at flea power so you can look at the channel chart and verify you are on a good frequency. Notice the blue line on the channel chart is very short. Do not take off until the blue line is tall. It may take up to a minute to go to full power. Just because you hear "home point updated" does not mean you are ready to fly. If you take off before the system goes to full power, it will stay at low power during your flight. I believe this is the basis of many of the issues reported on the forum. Let me know if this helps, and pass it on.
Vernon

I believe I have the answer.
When you first turn the drone on, it is running at flea power so you can look at the channel chart and verify you are on a good frequency. Notice the blue line on the channel chart is very short. Do not take off until the blue line is tall. It may take up to a minute to go to full power. Just because you hear "home point updated" does not mean you are ready to fly. If you take off before the system goes to full power, it will stay at low power during your flight. I believe this is the basis of many of the issues reported on the forum. Let me know if this helps, and pass it on.
Vernon

I didn't know this either.
Thanks! :cool:Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S