DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No waypoints is dealbreaker.

Bought the bundle from B and H. Flown the drone for five or six days. But without proper way points in the regular video format it is to restricted. Probably gonna send it back because of this lack of waypoints. Are use waypoints all the time with my M2P. May check out the litchi before I make a final decision. But I don’t think it is complete autonomous waypoints.
Really can’t believe this craft does not include proper way points. Does anybody know if they can add this in firmware updates later?
Anyway, back to your OP.

Yes, the lack of support for waypoints from DJI is totally unforgivable. Intentional on their part. Totally cynical towards their customers.

Anyway, back to your OP.

Yes, the lack of support for waypoints from DJI is totally unforgivable. Intentional on their part. Totally cynical towards their customers.
Agreed, but it could be a worse problem.

Yes, the lack of support for waypoints from DJI is totally unforgivable a business decision, and nothing anyone can do about it.

Intentional on their part. --- Of course it is. They have a history of intentionally trying to stay ahead of the ever tightening regulations across the world.... geofencing, NFZ's, etc.... and now, no more on-board waypoint support. You'll likely never see another DJI consumer drone with that feature.

Totally cynical towards their customers. --- again; a conscious, intentional business decision.... best learn to live with it.

Any thoughts on bombarding DJI via email, twitter, etc from all of us asking fir waypoints to be added to the next firmware.?
It wouldn't make any difference if they got 10-20-30,000 emails/twitter's/etc. They're going to do what they want to do, period.

You need to remember, you're talking about an entirely different culture than politically correct USA companies that will fire a CEO or drop a spokesperson like a hot potato simply because of one spoken word 20 years ago!

That depends of course on your need.

If you do need the capability, the cost difference for an enterprise drone that does support them is indefensible.
There are other manufacturers that have drones with waypoints, Hello Skydio! Does one need a drone with waypoints or does one need a DJI drone with waypoints?
Sure I would love for the Air 2S to have every feature available in the market. But it doesn't, so either enjoy what it does do or get something that meets your needs. Or just wait and see what comes next.. though it may be awhile.

There are other manufacturers that have drones with waypoints, Hello Skydio! Does one need a drone with waypoints or does one need a DJI drone with waypoints?
Sure I would love for the Air 2S to have every feature available in the market. But it doesn't, so either enjoy what it does do or get something that meets your needs. Or just wait and see what comes next.. though it may be awhile.
Actually I don't need a DJI with way points. I need a Skydio with good reception

Every drone has its issues, right?
Sure.

But whilst my Mavic Pro flew like a pig and shot horrible looking footage, at least I could program waypoints so that my horrible looking footage was smooth.

I was just (erroneously) defending the overall Integrity of Litchi, sorry I said anything, and I'm real sorry it does not work well for you mavic 2nd gen owners... should I just go back and delete my posts?... be glad to.

Edit: I do not work for the company that owns Litchi, nor any of their affiliates. I'm not associated with them in any way whatsoever, just a happy user.
Hey, 20 Hail Marys for you my son. (Rather snappy bunch on this group. Honed their skills on Twitter is my guess.) 😉

Intentional on their part. --- Of course it is. They have a history of intentionally trying to stay ahead of the ever tightening regulations across the world.... geofencing, NFZ's, etc.... and now, no more on-board waypoint support. You'll likely never see another DJI consumer drone with that feature.

That's the spirit.

Difficult to reconcile this kind of nanny-state mindset with shooting in the outback of Australia.

Reactions: umanbean
My Phantom 3 standard had way points. Granted I had to fly and record them but it enabled me to do everything I needed to with waypoints. Was so perturbed when I jumped from phantom 3 standard to air 2s and it didn't have way points, especially considering the price difference of the 2 drones.

My Phantom 3 standard had way points. Granted I had to fly and record them but it enabled me to do everything I needed to with waypoints. Was so perturbed when I jumped from phantom 3 standard to air 2s and it didn't have way points, especially considering the price difference of the 2 drones.

That's how the Mavic used to work. I had zero problem with that.

Now of course, the most useful function of a drone (IMHO) has been removed.

Thanks DJI.

Reactions: Xitor
All comes down are we getting our moneys worth? I don’t think we are when they don’t include items such as waypoints that were included years ago in drones that were much cheaper. Yes DJI will have no choice but to respond to 30,000 people who are upset. It all comes down to money and if we don’t give them our money they have to change. How do you say did a week ago to Express my dissatisfaction even though I’m just one person. Money is money is money. I’m sending mine back they lost a sale. A lot of people do that they will listen.

Reactions: Ziggy01
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54