DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No waypoints is dealbreaker.

Not to everyone.

I realize we were talking about two different generations of drones here, but blanket statements were made regarding the overall usefulness and functionality of litchi, with no qualifiers.

And
It's very clear to me... and apparently at least one other person...

1649368719539.png

In addition...

1649368765361.png

Reactions: Tufargon
It's very clear to me
I was just (erroneously) defending the overall Integrity of Litchi, sorry I said anything, and I'm real sorry it does not work well for you mavic 2nd gen owners... should I just go back and delete my posts?... be glad to.

Edit: I do not work for the company that owns Litchi, nor any of their affiliates. I'm not associated with them in any way whatsoever, just a happy user.

Last edited:
I was just (erroneously) defending the overall Integrity of Litchi, sorry I said anything, and I'm real sorry it does not work well for you mavic 2nd gen owners... should I just go back and delete my posts?... be glad to.

Edit: I do not work for the company that owns Litchi, nor any of their affiliates. I'm not associated with them in any way whatsoever, just a happy user.
Obviously you have no clue where your error truly lies... How well does Litchi work on your Air 2S? Does it have smooth and consistent yaw?

Litchi just doesn't do a good job.
Making statements like this is at minimum, misleading.

Yes, the current implementations of virtual sticks to perform waypoint functions are seriously lacking. However, Litchi (and other developers) are limited to the controls that DJI provides in their SDK. If you are looking to place blame, as is implied in your statement, blame DJI. Litchi is doing an excellent job of implementing waypoints with the broken SDK that DJI has provided.

One of two things must happen for waypoint implementations to improve (in the Air 2S) with Litchi or other apps:
  1. DJI must begin to support on-board waypoints in the Air 2S
  2. DJI must provide improved gimbal control in their SDK for the Air 2S

Yes, the current implementations of virtual sticks to perform waypoint functions are seriously lacking. However, Litchi (and other developers) are limited to the controls that DJI provides in their SDK. If you are looking to place blame, as is implied in your statement, blame DJI. Litchi is doing an excellent job of implementing waypoints with the broken SDK that DJI has provided.

One of two things must happen for waypoint implementations to improve (in the Air 2S) with Litchi or other apps:
  1. DJI must begin to support on-board waypoints in the Air 2S
  2. DJI must provide improved gimbal control in their SDK for the Air 2S
According to DJI, it's a hardware issue so the SDK would not support it anyway.
I agree Litchi is an amazing app but given the circumstances with the newer DJI drones, they just haven't been able to work out the kinks that DJI gave them to work with. DJI is definately the root of the issue.

According to DJI, it's a hardware issue so the SDK would not support it anyway.
I agree Litchi is an amazing app but given the circumstances with the newer DJI drones, they just haven't been able to work out the kinks that DJI gave them to work with. DJI is definately the root of the issue.
If is a hardware issue, forget about any fix for the Air 2S and waypoints. Neither Litche, Dronelink or Maven ever work.

Hardly the case, but in time, you will get over it.

If DJI and the SDK(s) don't properly support waypoints, then why do it at all?
Where is the disclaimer that waypoint footage with the Air 2S will be craptastic? Or it's fine as long as you never turn...

Hardly the case, but in time, you will get over it.

If DJI and the SDK(s) don't properly support waypoints, then why do it at all?
Where is the disclaimer that waypoint footage with the Air 2S will be craptastic? Or it's fine as long as you never turn...
I totally agree 100%. Honestly, why even release the SDK for third party software if nothing good can be done with it.

This is not the drone you are looking for.

I still like it though and best to you on finding one you like.

Obviously you have no clue where your error truly lies... How well does Litchi work on your Air 2S? Does it have smooth and consistent yaw?
Would you be so kind as to explain to me where my error does truly lie? Honestly, I do not know what you mean.

Would you be so kind as to explain to me where my error does truly lie? Honestly, I do not know what you mean.
Actually, you have a pretty good handle on what the issue is (jerky yaw), who is responsible for the problem (DJI), and who is not to blame (Litchi).

Others here are putting their ignorance on display for all to see.

• Haha
Reactions: umanbean
Kind sir, do you fly a DJI Air 2S?
Oh... OK...
So you're saying that last year after many many months of research and thought, I chose to spend my money on a PROVEN 4-year old Lexus instead of a brand new Corvette with KNOWN and OBVIOUS drawbacks, that I'M the ignoramus?

At least I'm not the one whining after the fact... I'm VERY happy with my Lexus, it does everything I want it to and more than I expected.

Last edited:
Actually, you have a pretty good handle on what the issue is
Thank you. Now I know there's at least one participant in this thread with a modicum of Common Sense.

Reactions: DJ Wes
Kind sir, do you fly a DJI Air 2S?
Judging from the list in your signature of expensive ultra-modern DJI aircraft and accessories, it looks like everything you own uses the FLY app.

So, no Litchi for you! ( At least not with full functionality anyway) 😂

Reactions: DJ Wes

Yes, the current implementations of virtual sticks to perform waypoint functions are seriously lacking. However, Litchi (and other developers) are limited to the controls that DJI provides in their SDK. If you are looking to place blame, as is implied in your statement, blame DJI.
Why are some of you so obsessed with blame? Saying it doesn't work well is not blame, it's a statement of fact.

Would you buy spoiled meat from a market because it wasn't their fault, but the trucking company that transported it to the grocer?

Litchi wants people to give them money for a product that doesn't work. THAT'S their fault. Whatever the reason for poor performance, it's their responsibility to fix it, not mine.

EDIT: I've been a satisfied, happy fan of Litchi for years, until it wouldn't work any more.

We've seen, by someone privately reverse-engineering part of the SDK and then accessing it in an unlicensed way this problem can be fixed while using virtual sticks. So I would think Lichi et all would be keenly interested, and working with DJI to get this fixed. Yet...

Last edited:
I do use Litchi when I feel like it, I either accept the limitations or work around them when I do. As soon as Litchi issued their update after the SDK release, I got it, and it is what it is. Maybe it will never get fixed, I don't really care. When I got my drones, Litchi didn't support them at all and I've spent more money on worse things.

So, no Litchi for you! ( At least not with full functionality anyway) 😂
Well, the ability to fly VLOS without waypoints comes in handy. Keep practicing, uma.

Oh... OK...
So you're saying that last year after many many months of research and thought, I chose to spend my money on a PROVEN 4-year old Lexus instead of a brand new Corvette with KNOWN and OBVIOUS drawbacks, that I'M the ignoramus?

At least I'm not the one whining after the fact... I'm VERY happy with my Lexus, it does everything I want it to and more than I expected.
No, what I'm saying (more times than necessary for someone relying on "common sense") is that this particular section of this particular forum is for the DJI AIR 2S. I guess some people struggle with the concept when posting in the Air 2S section, opinions and facts tend to focus on the Air 2S and if you don't understand the platform of the discussion, take a look just under the MavicPilots logo on the top left. So, if someone, me for example, posts here that a particular piece of software doesn't do a good job:

1. That is not a whine or an attempt to place blame, at worst it is an opinion.
2. It relates to the AIR 2S without further explanation of the platform required, because I know where I am.

Which is most likely why you won't find me posting that Litchi doesn't do a good job over at FPV Drone Pilots. Hmmm.

BTW, no one bats an eye at an overpriced Toyota, but people are putting down deposits on C8's with 2023 delivery dates. Boring cars tend to attract people who favor the comfort of yesterday over the excitement of tomorrow.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_