DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nobody has mentioned OM4 yet?!

I just sold my 2 for like 70-80. Put yours back up, someone will come along that wants one.
It is something that I just don’t use all that much, plus it’s big and clunky. The Osmo action has EIS and a lot of dslr/mirrorless cameras have IS lenses and that works good enough for me. If I want any more stabilization I can edit in post!
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check out e-bay to see what the going market will be. It is just too clunky in my luggage, and you have to balance it each time. I also have to remove the iPhone protector. All in all, it is a big pain in the As... to use each time.

What I like is it works with Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, the previous version didn't or I would have gotten an OM3 instead of the Osmo Pocket. Very tempting to pair with the very nice cameras in my Note.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Just looked in this section and saw nothing on it.
I think the fact that people now have access to a gimbles that fly’s, hand held have become a little obsolete. I mean it’s certainly the case for me. I still own the OM3 but find myself prone to leaving it home in favour of my trusty MM. Don’t get me wrong, the MO4 will have it’s uses, particularly with those that find the cost of a drone outside their budget, opting for the handheld gimbles. This is only my opinion. Having said that, I think you’d be stretched to find people who use the hand held using this forum to make comments. Again, just a personal view.

What I like is it works with Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus, the previous version didn't or I would have gotten an OM3 instead of the Osmo Pocket. Very tempting to pair with the very nice cameras in my Note.
I still have the Galaxy 9+, which works well with my OM3 and my new found passion, the Mavic Mini.
I find myself using the hand held less these days for obvious reasons but it will come in handy where events such as indoor activities prevent the use of drones or people in large numbers where the use of a drone is limited or forbidden.
I’m swaying toward purchasing the new Galaxy S20, I’ve heard the camera on it is something else which would certainly come into its own with the hand held gimbles.

I just sold my 2 for like 70-80. Put yours back up, someone will come along that wants one.
It is something that I just don’t use all that much, plus it’s big and clunky. The Osmo action has EIS and a lot of dslr/mirrorless cameras have IS lenses and that works good enough for me. If I want any more stabilization I can edit in post!
I, like you guys still have both 2 & 3. I favour the 2 over the 3 as setting the balance on the 3 was very annoying.
Granted, it was smaller and folded, but set up, (unless you put balance marks on your phone) I found annoying.
Now I have the MM, the flying gimble, I own 2 hand held which I guess I will eventually sell one or the other.

You could always just hold your quadcopter and film that way. [emoji848][emoji851]

I have never really understood why people find it a hassle to balance the phone when using the OM3. Seriously, it takes maybe 10 seconds and it only needs to be done once each time you want to use it. I mean, you clamp in the phone and slide it in the clamp a little bit until it balances on that axis and then rotate it 90 degrees and do the same thing again and the job is done, how difficult is that! On a scale of 1 - 10 I give it about a 0.5. Starting my motor bike is probably more of a hassle. Find keys in my pocket, take them out, select the right key, mount the bike, get it off the stand, insert the key, jiggle handle bars because of the steering lock and turn key at the same time (takes some coordinating), turn off kill switch, pull in clutch, select neutral, apply brake, press start button and I have to do this every time I want to start the bike, yet I have never ever heard anyone complain about having to do all of this before using a motor bike as a hassle. I think some people just like to find things to complain about. To summarize, balancing the phone in the OM3 is a piece of cake, takes no time and is NOT a hassle.

I have never really understood why people find it a hassle to balance the phone when using the OM3. Seriously, it takes maybe 10 seconds and it only needs to be done once each time you want to use it. I mean, you clamp in the phone and slide it in the clamp a little bit until it balances on that axis and then rotate it 90 degrees and do the same thing again and the job is done, how difficult is that! On a scale of 1 - 10 I give it about a 0.5. Starting my motor bike is probably more of a hassle. Find keys in my pocket, take them out, select the right key, mount the bike, get it off the stand, insert the key, jiggle handle bars because of the steering lock and turn key at the same time (takes some coordinating), turn off kill switch, pull in clutch, select neutral, apply brake, press start button and I have to do this every time I want to start the bike, yet I have never ever heard anyone complain about having to do all of this before using a motor bike as a hassle. I think some people just like to find things to complain about. To summarize, balancing the phone in the OM3 is a piece of cake, takes no time and is NOT a hassle.
Yep and it doesn't have to be perfectly balanced. I don't haul my DSLR everywhere I go but always have my phone. I just keep the O-3 in my vehicle. I use my MP to capture images and video of places I can't reach by foot so I'll never compare it to a hand held gimbal. It's like comparing my MP to my DSLR. My quad doesn't do great for still images like my camera but I still see value in capturing specific images with my MP. The O-3 is just another tool in my photo tool box and for what I use it for, it works well. [edit] and it's cheap!

Bought the 3 and never used it. I have an Osmo pocket that's much more spontaneous.
Curious, with the pocket can you pause video and resume recording during a single shoot? I'd like to be able to start recording an object, pause the recording while the object is out of view and begin recording when the object returns.

When I bought my O-3, I made the purchase primarily due to it's cheaper price compared to the Pocket. I see it can be bought for about 300 bucks right now.

I've never had an issue balancing a phone on the Osmo Mobile 3 and I like how quick and easy it is to use plus the much smaller size compared to the Osmo Mobile 2 has been well worth the upgrade. Similarly I have a Zhiyun Rider-m with an action camera for bike riding which is also similarly quick to use but the DJI Ronin SC on the other hand can take a bit of work to get balanced and not a compact setup.

I have toyed with an Osmo pocket but I like how I can easily edit and upload clips straight from the phone when I've used the OM3.

I don't have any issues with the mount on the OM3 but I doubt the OM4 is intended as an upgrade for those people anyway.

Curious, with the pocket can you pause video and resume recording during a single shoot? I'd like to be able to start recording an object, pause the recording while the object is out of view and begin recording when the object returns.

When I bought my O-3, I made the purchase primarily due to it's cheaper price compared to the Pocket. I see it can be bought for about 300 bucks right now.

Absolutely.

Absolutely.
Thanks. I want to be able to have a single video file rather than stitching a bunch of short video shots together in the field. I just want a simple pause recording button which disappointed me about the Osmo-3 not having that feature and I doubt the Osmo-4 has one either. Makes me want the Pocket version even more now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu