DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nobody has mentioned OM4 yet?!

For those wondering the differences...from what I’ve read, it’s slightly lighter, can hold a little heavier phones, and has a different mounting system. Otherwise no big differences.

I purchased an OM3 and found it totally rubbish. I cannot see this as any different. It was large, clumsy, unreliable, tracking useless. I sent it back after a couple of weeks and purchased an Osmo Pocket with gizmos and filters and absolutely love it.

Talking about camera junk sitting around the house, Dale...I'll bet there is enough to fill a warehouse just from posters on this page :confused:
Absolutely! If I hadn’t purged when I moved recently, a lot of that warehouse would be filled with my stuff. Sigh.

It's a product made by DJI, with a gimbal.

I figured that's what we spent our monies on, was a gimbal stabilized product from DJI.

Good point tho
Yes of course it is (a DJI product with a gimbal), but there are plenty of forums dedicated to smartphone gimbals, and this forum is called MavicPilots, so I really don’t see why there’d be any expectation of any discussion on OM4 here, let alone any expression of surprise that it hadn’t been discussed here.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Yes of course it is (a DJI product with a gimbal), but there are plenty of forums dedicated to smartphone gimbals, and this forum is called MavicPilots, so I really don’t see why there’d be any expectation of any discussion on OM4 here, let alone any expression of surprise that it hadn’t been discussed here.
Heard

Probably not a bad buy at $150. I’m not sure how the hyperlapse thing would work though. It seems like it would be really really difficult to walk that slowly that consistently while keeping the camera stable

It is very difficult. If available, it would be best to do it on something like a skateboard or something with wheels. But with ninja walk practice, I was able to get a pretty decently smooth result

Reactions: brett8883
I just got an OM4 and it works pretty well with my Note 10+. The main thing I don't like is there is no way to set the Mimo software to save the video to the SD card on Android phones. It only saves to internal memory. In other threads it looks like people have been asking DJI for this since the OM3 and they haven't been very responsive.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check out e-bay to see what the going market will be. It is just too clunky in my luggage, and you have to balance it each time. I also have to remove the iPhone protector. All in all, it is a big pain in the As... to use each time.
Depending on what iPhone you have, you may have to remove it. I have an 11 Pro Max, with an Otterbox Commuter case. The bracket hardly fits on it. Stretched to the max. I don’t want to keep taking the phone in an out. Why DJI doesn’t make a product for larger phones, or a bracket and a motor that will handle a big phone is beyond me. I like it, but will probably end up sending it back, if I can’t make it work.

Bought one last week. Works like a champ, as advertised. The magnetic disc is thin enough to put on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and put my cover on, over it. The external harness works great with my phone cover on too! Love the fact that I will now have some stabilization in my iPhone videos and, have a tri-pod stand to boot!

I have the Hero 7 and no need to shoot with my cellphone, and no need to buy a Gimbal because the stabilisator of the Hero 7 is fantastic, it´s "gimbal-like"
here a short example shot with Hero 7 NO SOUND!

Reactions: SeniorChief
Bought one last week. Works like a champ, as advertised. The magnetic disc is thin enough to put on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and put my cover on, over it. The external harness works great with my phone cover on too! Love the fact that I will now have some stabilization in my iPhone videos and, have a tri-pod stand to boot!
How does wireless charging work with it?

That´s what I´ve been saying all the time Olav!
Even if smartphones delivers a very good image quality! The handling is annoying :oops:
cheers Paul
Beautiful video. I also have a GoPro Hero 7. I use it primarily as a "dashcam" (actually more like a "windshieldcam" since I keep it suctioned to the outside of my windshield. I like to use my iPhone 11 Pro Max as a common snapshot taker and rarely use it for video because of the lack of stabilization. I paid almost $1,100 for my iPhone. The relatively small $149.00 seemed minor for what it can give to my cellphone. When want more "professional" video I'll use my Hero 7 or Sony Handicam on a tri-pod. I also have a Canon DSLR and Elf. I am an amateur. I don't have THOUSANDS invested in my gear (well, may be two total). But I am impressed with the added features the OM4 gives me for taking videos and snapshots with my iPhone. I don't have to carry all that other gear with me all of the time.

From my experience there is NO WIRELESS charging. There IS however a USB"A" port on the unit to charge your phone from.
I meant how the wireless charging on the phone worked with the magnetic dish applied to the iPhone underneath the case.

I meant how the wireless charging on the phone worked with the magnetic dish applied to the iPhone underneath the case.
That is a good question. Since I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, I could use wireless charging but never bought a wireless charger. I have always used a wire connection. Anyone out there have an answer?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa