DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nobody has mentioned OM4 yet?!

It looks like there’s both a removable magnetic phone clamp and the semi-permanently a fixed magnetic ring. I think it’s an upgrade, like you said solves having to balance and calibrate each time you remove the phone. A simple solution to an annoying issue. Granted you could always modify the OM3 to do the same thing.View attachment 111689

Active Track 3.0 is a nice addition and a mixture of new intelligent modes is nice. At the end of the day there’s only so much “wow factor” that can put into a $150 entry level stabilizer.

If they want to knock my socks off they could add a forth axis that stabilizes the vertical bounces while walking
So, if you put the ring on the back of a wireless charging capable phone? How would that affect the phone being able to wirelessly charge? And if they wanted to knock MY socks off, they could release a larger bracket. I ended up sending mine back. There is no reason for them not to support larger phones. They're just being lazy. And I tend to shy away from companies who don't have their customer's best interests.

So, if you put the ring on the back of a wireless charging capable phone? How would that affect the phone being able to wirelessly charge? And if they wanted to knock MY socks off, they could release a larger bracket. I ended up sending mine back. There is no reason for them not to support larger phones. They're just being lazy. And I tend to shy away from companies who don't have their customer's best interests.
No it will not charge wirelessly with anything other than case installed on the phone.

It looks like with the semi permanent fixed magnet ring you could use just about any phone. You could just attach it to a single purpose case and use that case exclusively while using it and still be able to charge wirelessly the rest of the time.

I bought mine about 2 weeks ago and haven't used it much, except for Video Chat, without using any of the actual OM4 tracking features. I am planning to use it for by German Shepherd Dog puppies to specifically follow each pup during their initial growth and development stage.

I've just taken delivery of an OM4 having sent back the Osmo Mobil 3.

I spent ages on live chat with the DJi people and all I got was sympathy and platitudes for what I believe is something an "expert" could advise on. That is, juddery video. Not camera shake.

I made sure I'd balanced the phone (a Sony Xperia XZ Premium). Calibrated the gimbal and went off to the park to try it out.

I'm sure I looked silly doing the "ninja walk", but here's what I got.

Like I said, I sent it back and yesterday took delivery of the 4. I've watched hours of videos on balancing the handset, Ninja walks etc and I have to say today's test isn't a lot better.

As part of the troubleshooting online with DJi, they linked me to the tested phones. Guess what, not one Sony phone on their list.

I've not finished my tests yet, but I can't say this item is worth the money and I can't say the knowledge base from DJi is much cop either.

If anyone on here clearly sees from my video clip that I'm doing something wrong, of knows of a fix, please do drop me a line.

I'll be glad when the weather and Covid improves and I can go fly my Mavic Air again, which does live up to expectation. Keith

My O-3 never has done that! The video does wobble a bit as I walk (more of a slow bounce) but doesn't jitter like that unless I'm rapidly shaking the mount

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots