DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noise in Mavic 3

kamildronik

Reactions
i test mavic 3 iso noise in the same parameters (50fps, 1/100 shuter speed, 2.8 f) in 3 resolution: 5.1K DCI 4k and 4K and the best picture is in 4K video. Do you have the same? In 5.1K i have lot of noise in shadows and black parts of video

I am having the same issue with same settings on my M3 CINE. I ran a test, starting slightly under exposed, increasing my exposure by 0.3 EV each time until I saw significant clipping in the image. I found that I could get rid of the noise when the image looked quite overexposed, similar to when exposing with the M2. It seems like you need to really nail the exposure for the image to look clean, which is fine most of the time, but I was shooting a white ship in front of green mountains in varying sun / cloud cover. Seems to be a bit more sensitive than I would have hoped.

I didn't, however, yet try the same test in 4K. That's interesting.

I'd love to know if others are experiencing this as well.

Thing is that M3Cine @4K ISO400 is doing internal noise reduction. So you will get cleanest (plastic in my opinion picture).
At 4K ISO800 it is still doing internal denoising, but you will see some noise, At 5.1K no internal denoising is done, thats why you get a lot of noise. This is actually preety good fot post production becouse you can easily reduce noise in editing software. While at 4K sometimes you have to add noise for picture to look more natural. Depends on your style. So 5.1K actually gives you more room for post-production.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143