DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Non-107 Realtor use.

I’ll bite… reading the posts here makes me wonder about something simple: if the FAA owns the legal oversight over everything aviation regulation related, how do cities/townships or local authorities get away with banning drones as in “Drone Free Zones”? Shouldn’t that right be the sole responsibility of the FAA? Or is that why some regulations restrict where you can launch from and not necessarily where you fly?

I’ll bite… reading the posts here makes me wonder about something simple: if the FAA owns the legal oversight over everything aviation regulation related, how do cities/townships or local authorities get away with banning drones as in “Drone Free Zones”? Shouldn’t that right be the sole responsibility of the FAA? Or is that why some regulations restrict where you can launch from and not necessarily where you fly?
Yes, towns and states aren't supposed to attempt to control the airspace. Some still do. And none of those have survived a challenge. But most haven't been challenged.

The FAA needs to come out and rewrite the city and state fact sheet for UAS regulations.

We talk about it in our latest newscast here:

The FAA doesn't own regulation of everything that is aviation related. The FAA owns regulation of the airspace, but what happens on the ground is absolutely within the jurisdiction of local authorities. That is how many of these restrictions are enacted, banning takeoff and landing operations. And it isn't just local authorities - other federal agencies do the same, such as NPS and USFS. That's perfectly legitimate.

What isn't legitimate is when any organization other than the FAA tries to restrict use of the airspace. Some local authorities, and even private organizations, have tried that instead. As pointed out above - those haven't survived legal challenge.

Reactions: BigAl07 and tleedom
Do you know some Realtors who use non-107 operators? Or fly themselves without a 107?

Share this with them.

Vic would you mind if I re-posted this in Autel Pilots forum?
Tom

Reactions: BigAl07
Just spreading the love.

Reactions: Vic Moss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member