DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob needs help! Video issues

Dahveed

Reactions
Here is video number 3 I've shot. The issues start about the 22 second mark and occur when I have the drone fly away from me. Besides ME doing poorly on the execution of the shot, there appears to be shutter roll going on here and other video artifacts. Is this normal? Are there settings that can minimize this? Any help would be helpful.

And yes, I'm aware the music is generic. I created this video with better music but YouTube didn't like my lack of ownership of it. So I had to sub it out. Perhaps I didn't choose so wisely...

Looks like you have left the Perspex camera bubble cover on.

Yeah, I did leave that crappy little cover on for this flight. Not sure why. No amount of plastic cover was going to save the camera if it dropped down the cliff. Would that account for the shake/shutter roll? It certainly caused the slight glare.

Depends on angle of sun hitting the cover, you will get glare plus prop shadows
Best take it off it you want decent shots, go out and do more more video without it on and compare.

Depends on angle of sun hitting the cover, you will get glare plus prop shadows
Best take it off it you want decent shots, go out and do more more video without it on and compare.

Thanks for the advice and will give it a try soon. Maybe get out tomorrow morning before it gets too hot here in Texas.

I ordered this thing that claims to cure all manner of photographical failures.

61u7KPiufeL._SL1000_.jpg

Make sure the sticker with the yellow tab above the camera is taken off. This will cause the jello effect you're seeing.

Make sure the sticker with the yellow tab above the camera is taken off. This will cause the jello effect you're seeing.

OK, I just took that off yesterday as I was checking out the gimbal to see why I was having problems. I'll double-check it to make sure I got it all off. Wow, who would think that little sticker would cause that problem...

Thanks for the advice and will give it a try soon. Maybe get out tomorrow morning before it gets too hot here in Texas.

I ordered this thing that claims to cure all manner of photographical failures.

61u7KPiufeL._SL1000_.jpg

I tried one of those in the hope it would offer some degree of mechanical protection in the even of a crash.

I found that it constantly shows in the frame during maneuvers, I used a Dremal tool to remove additional plastic to open it up more but in the end have thrown it away as a waste of time.

Reactions: peros550
I tried one of those in the hope it would offer some degree of mechanical protection in the even of a crash.

I found that it constantly shows in the frame during maneuvers, I used a Dremal tool to remove additional plastic to open it up more but in the end have thrown it away as a waste of time.

Thanks for the heads up. It will be going back to Amazon if it does that to me.

Apparently, the little yellow tabbed sticker was causing the problem. I flew today and the video was pretty rock solid. Who would think a tiny sticker would cause so much camera movement. Thank you so much to everyone that responded, especially joshni.

Great vid. Don't fly with the plastic cover on, your mavic could over heat. There's a vent behind the gimbal.
d6f16ce75b9a788fff94ab9ac2312632.jpg

I dont understand this fear of the mavic overheating if the gimbal cover is left on, on the newsletter i got from dji recently it shows 10 tips on taking care of your mavic and one of them is to leave the cover on to protect camera, this is from dji. It also shows in their promotional photos and videos clearly someone flying the mavic with it on.
The only warning they give out about the cover is that it will produce glare which would impact picture quality. The mavic has a fan inside which kick in once it detects higher temps.

Just to give you a positive review, I have one of those covers and have had no issues at all with it appearing in the shot...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe