DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob pilot advice - DJI Care or not?

Lancer X

Reactions
Hi all! I just received my refurbished Mavic Pro - super excited!! Wanted to solicit advice as to whether I should purchase DJI Care or not??

RE my experience level, I've been flying around some $50-120 "toy" quads for the past month or so, but this is my first real drone.

I've heard that DJI's response to actual claims was pretty poor around the launch of the Mavic, but perhaps their service is better now that parts and replacements are more readily available?

I understand that there are 3rd party options out there too (heard a lot about State Farm), but not sure what might be available in my state of New Jersey.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Absolutely. If you're a noob pilot, you're bound to crash it sometime in the next few months. Care Refresh covers pilot errors that aren't covered by the warranty. It costs $100, and the first deductible is $79. They send you a new aircraft.
I just filed my first Refresh claim, and they're sending me my new aircraft tomorrow.

Reactions: Lancer X
Hi all! I just received my refurbished Mavic Pro - super excited!! Wanted to solicit advice as to whether I should purchase DJI Care or not??...{snip}
You know, I was in the same boat as you when I bought my MP a month ago. It came down to this: for less than $500 (cost of Care and 2 replacements), I can pretty much guarantee I'll get a replacement for two incidents that may happen. As a newbie, that's more likely to happen in the first year of ownership, I suppose. In using DJI, I won't need to add a rider to my existing insurance policies and, should something happen, won't need to go through the insurance company paperwork and delays.

Financially, it's probably less expensive to add a rider to your home or rent insurance policy. Other than that, it's what YOU deem best for your considerations!

Theo

Same situation with noobness here too. Purchased a UDI 818a toy. Best decision was learning how to maneuver it before I purchased the "real deal". I fly it daily with the mavi after I did a few mods. Even with plenty of hours of flight time on my UDI I still needed the security blanket of having the protection. I'm a little over a month without a crash. Bottom line, anything can happen from now until Aug next year. I'd get it or State Farm.
fd490a6071f765e0e83480560f9e87f1.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser