DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob question here

Tamustian

Reactions
Hi everyone, new Mavic Air owner here. From what I can tell registering with FAA is required but what’s the simplest way to do that? I saw multiple online sites claiming to help with that process. I’m just flying for fun, not commercial. Thanks!

Yep, 3 years. I just double-checked. My mind isn't exactly a steel trap these days so I thought I may have had it wrong. Maybe they changed it since you registered?

ok this dont make sense to me at all.... my Printed FAA card issued 12-27-2015 states it expires 12-12-2020.
but i also have an email showing my card and it states expires on 12-27-2018.... but logging into the FAAdronezone website and logging in shows expires 2020?

ok this dont make sense to me at all.... my Printed FAA card issued 12-27-2015 states it expires 12-12-2020.
but i also have an email showing my card and it states expires on 12-27-2018.... but logging into the FAAdronezone website and logging in shows expires 2020?

That's interesting - mine also shows 12/12/20 on the dashboard, which is close to, but not quite, 5 years.

I believe when it first started, it was 2 years. There was a pause when it was challenged, but reinstated by law. Perhaps that's why we got extensions.

It never was 5 years.

I believe when it first started, it was 2 years. There was a pause when it was challenged, but reinstated by law. Perhaps that's why we got extensions.

It never was 5 years.
I did mine right when it was made law. paid the $5 and got refunded the $5 because i did it before a certain time and my card says like above issued 12-27-2015 expires 12-12-2020

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat