DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Noob Quickshots Frustration

Gr8fulTed

Reactions
I received my Mavic Air about 10 days ago, but haven't really been able to use it due to bad weather. The past couple of days have been decent enough to fly. I am using it with a iPad Mini 3. It connects fine, I can get it up and flying with no problems. The video seems to work well enough.

But both times I've flown and tried to use the Quickshots is where things get problematic. No matter what, when I click on the Quickshots icon on the screen and then select one of the 5, nothing happens. I've tried it several times, but the drone just hovers there and nothing happens.

Might I be missing a step? Is there something I'm not doing?

Thanks for any "For Dummies" tips you might give.

Intelligent Flight Modes needs to be turned on within DJIGO4.
So I set everything back up and reread the Users manual. It would appear that just by hitting the controller-looking icon on the left side of the screen takes one into the flight modes and then tapping on the Quickshots icon is the only thing I need to do, which is what I have been doing to attempt to get the MA to do a Quickshot mode. So I think I might still be missing something here.

You turned on the Intelligent Flight Modes Setting from DJIGO4 I assume?
There seems to be no instruction on how to do that in the manual, at least it's not on the Intelligent Flight Mode page. How does one go about doing that, so that I might better answer your question.

Or perhaps there's a DJI Go4 app Users Manual, of which I am unaware

And thanks for the patience.

You seem to be mixing your modes. Do you mean quickshots? If so, you need to select one and the draw a box around the subject via your screen.

You seem to be mixing your modes. Do you mean quickshots? If so, you need to select one and the draw a box around the subject via your screen.

LOL...Actually, I'm doing my best to respond to BD0G's posts. Yes, I am having issues with the Mavic Air's Quickshots not operating when I have flown it these first 2 times. In BD0G's posts, he's asking me if I have turned on the Intelligent Flight Modes setting, specifically from DJI Go4 app, which leads me to believe that in order for Quickshots to work, I need to turn on the Intelligent Flight Modes from within the Go4 app. I cannot say whether or not I have done that. I can't find a place that says Intelligent Flight Modes, so that I can turn it on so that Quickshots will work for me.

I did see a YouTube video that was an in-depth walkthrough of the app (created a few months before the Air came out), that seem to indicate that when I hit the remote control looking icon on the left side of the screen while in the app, a pop up will come up to have me agree to fly safely. This is not happening when I click on the icon. I can go directly to the Quickshots area where all the Quickshots icons are located and when I press any of them nothing happens. The Air just stays there hovering.

As noted in my original post, the weather has been such to keep me from flying and my first two flights were yesterday and today, when the Quickshots did not respond. That being said, it is entirely possible that in updating the firmware and batteries, etc. during the days I couldn't fly, I might have tapped on the remote controll icon, the pop up might have presented itself, and if so, I would have agreed. I just don't remember if that happened. If that popup is suppose to occur each time I tap the icon, then that is not occurring.

I also just noticed that the aircraft seems to be in ATTI mode, if that makes a difference, and I'm so new, I am not sure how to change that, if need be.

Thanks for helping.

I would ignore the safety warning part for now. I can't remember if atti mode would cause an issue for quickshots or not but that is down to no gps lock. You need to be in an area with plenty of satellites to get out of atti mode. It automatically switches on the AIr.

Anyway, the general workflow is, tap the quickshot button, select the quickshot mode, ie, Dronie, then draw a box around your subject with your finger on the screen. A box will appear with the word 'GO' in it, then click that GO

I would ignore the safety warning part for now. I can't remember if atti mode would cause an issue for quickshots or not but that is down to no gps lock. You need to be in an area with plenty of satellites to get out of atti mode. It automatically switches on the AIr.

Anyway, the general workflow is, tap the quickshot button, select the quickshot mode, ie, Dronie, then draw a box around your subject with your finger on the screen. A box will appear with the word 'GO' in it, then click that GO

Yeah, I might have just tapped on myself on the screen rather than drag a box around me. I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see what happens. I really do appreciate that you both have taken the time to try to help. I'll let you know how tomorrow turns out.

Thanks!

Reactions: djiboi
Yeah, I might have just tapped on myself on the screen rather than drag a box around me. I'll give that a shot tomorrow and see what happens. I really do appreciate that you both have taken the time to try to help. I'll let you know how tomorrow turns out.

Thanks!
So I found out what the issue was...after spending an hour trying to find the Intelligent Flight Modes area in the app. There isn't one. It's called something else...LOL. Anyway, everything is working fine now. Thanks for your help!

I was having the exact same issue and discovered that I needed to select "me" on the smartphone screen. I also had to click, not drag and drop a box around "me". Be mindful that in some of the quickshot modes, the Obstacle Avoidance can automatically turn off, so you could wreck your Mavic if you're not in a spot clear enough (with no obstacles) for the drone to "lift off," make its automatic flight pattern, and return.

I was having the exact same issue and discovered that I needed to select "me" on the smartphone screen. I also had to click, not drag and drop a box around "me". Be mindful that in some of the quickshot modes, the Obstacle Avoidance can automatically turn off, so you could wreck your Mavic if you're not in a spot clear enough (with no obstacles) for the drone to "lift off," make its automatic flight pattern, and return.

Good info. Thanks so much!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_