DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a fan of the .800 FW for the goggles

Cyberpower678

Reactions
No objections to the FW for the Mavic, but my Goggles seem to be worse off on the new FW. I can fly perfectly with them but when I hook in an HDMI connection, the image is now shrunk by 75%, meaning it's not making full use of the screen and the 1080p video looks fuzzy due to scaling. Downgraded back to .700.

Reactions: CyberNate
Alright, I figured it out. If anyone is encountering this weird scaling issue, here's what to do. First set your scale settings to make the picture as small as possible. Then connect the goggles to DJI Assistant. Downgrade to .600. Reset your scaling settings to maximum. Finally, upgrade back to .700 and make sure to avoid upgrading to .800. For some reason simply downgrading to .700 from .800 doesn't fix it. I reported this to DJI. @Robbyg might be useful info for you as the notorious downgrader.

Thanks @Cyberpower678. I will keep that in mind.
Personally I think the time for beneficial upgrades to the Mavic has long been over.

Rob

Do you think you could fashion a VM with the .600 and .700 versions as a backup?

I am not sure because we know very little on how these goggles update. With the Mavic we knew 50% power paused the writing phase and we also knew that it did not write to memory first, it had to write everything to the onboard SD card before it wrote to the processors. This made it possible to just pull the USB cable. I will have to give it a try one weekend and see what happens.

The .800 update looks interesting because it adds a control to adjust the speed of the gimbal movement versus head movement.

Rob

I am not sure because we know very little on how these goggles update. With the Mavic we knew 50% power paused the writing phase and we also knew that it did not write to memory first, it had to write everything to the onboard SD card before it wrote to the processors. This made it possible to just pull the USB cable. I will have to give it a try one weekend and see what happens.

The .800 update looks interesting because it adds a control to adjust the speed of the gimbal movement versus head movement.

Rob
Yes but I'm not going to let that make up for the fact that all HDMI video doesn't use up the full display. I use HDMI a lot. So until this is fixed, I'm staying on .700 for the Goggles.

Reactions: poppopbrumbrum

Rob

BTW, it seems like it installs just like the Mavic on Assistant.

No objections to the FW for the Mavic, but my Goggles seem to be worse off on the new FW. I can fly perfectly with them but when I hook in an HDMI connection, the image is now shrunk by 75%, meaning it's not making full use of the screen and the 1080p video looks fuzzy due to scaling. Downgraded back to .700.

Just hooked up the goggles running the latest firmware via hdmi to my P4P and didn't have any issues. The image was the same size as before, full screen. Scaling worked the same as well.

Just hooked up the goggles running the latest firmware via hdmi to my P4P and didn't have any issues. The image was the same size as before, full screen. Scaling worked the same as well.
Look more carefully. The image on my goggles were definitely smaller, and when I downgraded my image was restored to their original size. I didn't notice it at first but then I noticed the video not being as sharp as it was. It could also be the Phantom may be sending a different signal not impacting the size of the screen. Try hooking it up to your computer.

I'm not calling you a liar, but it's the same full screen size on my computer as well. I mean it couldn't be any larger. Scaling seems to work as expected.

I'm not calling you a liar, but it's the same full screen size on my computer as well. I mean it couldn't be any larger. Scaling seems to work as expected.
How odd. And you're sure you're on .800? .700 works just fine, but .800 screws up the scaling.

Is anyone else having goggle display scaling issues with firmware .800?
(Meaning seeing an unusual reduced screen size display when using HDMI as the input signal).

My head tracking is not working, do i need the .800 firmware on my mavic as well? Currently on .700, who had the goggles crashed when going through the menu. Everything froze for about 5sec then the rebooted, so not a good start

Reactions: Michaelangelo
I tried the update multiple times, and went back and forth and .800 had scaling issues every time.

Just checked with my CVBS to HDMI converter and one of my analog 5.8 GHz FPV birds, screen size is same as was with .700 firmware.

I'm starting to wonder if I have a messed up setting on my unit or a defective HDMI plug, that the newer FW exposes.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke