DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not a smooth video while turning.

Just strong gusting winds up to 25-30K..got lots of warnings but Mavic does well.
I 've watched it again. My comment about YouTube's stabilizer was totally wrong. Very nice pans. The out of focus area in the left may be due a dirty ND filter. A good test is to shot some videos without the ND and see if you have a focus picture end to end.

I would like to ask for a favor from the forum. Could you please take a look on my video and let me know if you see any kind of flickering?
It was shot on 2.7K at 25fps with an ND8. Auto Exposure, +2,0,0, Color filter : None.

Thanks in advance!

I would never complain about that ... which country is it in?
Hi, it's in Greece. Although I'm trying not to be picky my eyes always focus on this flickering and can't really enjoy my videos.
Here is another one:
city of Chalkida.

Unless there is an issue with my viewing systems the flickering is more noticeable at full screen and full HD.

Last edited:
Your link was only to YouTube ..o_O but I didn't see any flickering in the one you Posted. Your player can be the fault in playback. I find Windows Media Player to be the smoothest player. and VLC is one that that doesn't play well.

I also find VLC on windows unable to play well. Windows media player seems much better. I had a chat with DJI's support and they proposed to set Anti-Flicker option to Auto. I think I have it set to 50Hz. As soon as I get home I will try it.

Hi..1st flight with mavic test video..noticing jerky video playback with turning the mavic while stationary hovering. the forward video looks ok but when turn to left started the video is not as smooth throughtout the turn to the left and back to the right.
shot 4K UHD at 30fps..shutter at 1/60 second with Taco RC ND8 non MC filter installed. no color profile
stock setting for sharpness/constrast and saturation. Edited in FCP Uploaded at 720p.
Anyone have any thoughts?

1min long video/turn starts at :20sec noticeable at :26sec then throughtout

Thanks

I had the same problem when I first got my Mavic, using a 3 year old Android phone. I bought a new iPhone 7plus and the jerky image while flying, and using yaw, completely went away. Your problem might be the processing speed of your phone. Just my 2¢.

The processing speed of the phone has nothing to do with videos coming off the SD card on Mavic.

I had the same problem when I first got my Mavic, using a 3 year old Android phone. I bought a new iPhone 7plus and the jerky image while flying, and using yaw, completely went away. Your problem might be the processing speed of your phone. Just my 2¢.

I think the flickering in DJI products is a result of the codec used.

H264 I think it is

Well it was fun for a while. All was well with my second Mavic until 2 weeks ago. Did the update to .09 took it out flew in one of my usual spots only to have the stuttering video issue appear out of nowhere. The update?? Nothing I could do fixed it and after DJI checked out the video, they agreed it needed to be repaired. They have it now ... will see what happens. At least I have my good old reliable P3P, just have to wait for the heat wave to pass, like 39 C. !

UPdate: DJI replaced gimbal/camera under warranty. For me the process was smooth with excellent communication and according to the timeline they gave me. My recent order of goggles also good experience with DJI. Received today right on schedule. Thanks for the good service DJI.

Last edited:
Well it was fun for a while. All was well with my second Mavic until 2 weeks ago. Did the update to .09 took it out flew in one of my usual spots only to have the stuttering video issue appear out of nowhere. The update?? Nothing I could do fixed it and after DJI checked out the video, they agreed it needed to be repaired. They have it now ... will see what happens. At least I have my good old reliable P3P, just have to wait for the heat wave to pass, like 39 C. !

UPdate: DJI replaced gimbal/camera under warranty. For me the process was smooth with excellent communication and according to the timeline they gave me. My recent order of goggles also good experience with DJI. Received today right on schedule. Thanks for the good service DJI.

Update April 28/18. They actually sent me a refurbished one (not repaired mine). It was the same, sent it back too and then they sent me a brand new one. This (4th) Mavic works as it should with good video, only some minor stuttering effect in a couple of the settings with fast panning. Mostly use 4K 30, 2K 24 and 1080. All updates done throughout and still working well. All good now. No problems with DJI service - just time factor was frustrating.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00