Join Us Now

Not achieving Max Speed in Litchi Missions

stewartwflill

Reactions
Novice Litchi user here.

I'm trying to make missions go max speed in Litchi

54.0 kph
33.6 mph

When I run missions the Mavic won't go more than 30 kph / 18 mph. There's no wind. I turned off obstacle avoidance settings in both Litchi and DJI Go, I turned off "beginner mode" in DJI Go, and I don't see any other speed limitations. In FPV mode I am able to go 54.0 kph / 33.6 mph in Litchi. I double checked that all waypoints are set to max speed. I also tried creating missions on Litchi's website to see if that would make a difference and it doesn't. I even tested a long straight line mission and it still won't go past 30 kph/18mph. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I'm in P-Mode

Last edited:
Ok? Sport mode is off and you can't use waypoint mode in Sport Mode anyway so it's irrelevant. I can go 54 kph when using the sticks in Litchi in FPV mode (P-Mode). But when I use Waypoint mode and start a mission the drone won't ever go above 30 kph despite it allowing me to program it to go 54 kph. I have read other people saying they can go 54 kph and some people want to go MORE than 54 kph (it's not allowed, but the point being, they CAN go up to 54 kph). But I am stuck at 30 kph and I'm trying to figure out why. Sport mode isn't the reason why and I can't use sport mode to bypass this limitation. So that puts an end to the sport mode discussion.

Novice Litchi user here.

I'm trying to make missions go max speed in Litchi

54.0 kph
33.6 mph

When I run missions the Mavic won't go more than 30 kph / 18 mph. There's no wind. I turned off obstacle avoidance settings in both Litchi and DJI Go, I turned off "beginner mode" in DJI Go, and I don't see any other speed limitations. In FPV mode I am able to go 54.0 kph / 33.6 mph in Litchi. I double checked that all waypoints are set to max speed. I also tried creating missions on Litchi's website to see if that would make a difference and it doesn't. I even tested a long straight line mission and it still won't go past 30 kph/18mph. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I'm in P-Mode

It may help if you put a link to your Litchi mission so others can review the mission settings. Also, a screen shot of your obstacle avoidance settings may be helpful.

Another test would be to set your default speed in the Litchi mission to 30mph and set the waypoints to use the default. It's just a different way to jiggle the wire in an effort to get it to work.

Also, is this a Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum?

I've been wondering this myself.
Mine doesn't seem to want to go faster than that either.
The occasional tailwind will bump it to 20 mph or so but that's it.

I've been wondering this myself.
Mine doesn't seem to want to go faster than that either.
The occasional tailwind will bump it to 20 mph or so but that's it.

Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum?

With my first MPP, it would fly the same mission as my P4 but, some of the waypoints it would unexplainably slow from 30mph to something like 12-20mph. I've not been able to test yet with my new MPP to see if the result is the same. I asked Litchi about it and they gave me the company line of obstacle avoidance being on and the sun potentially interfering, or the wind, etc. All were irrelevant in my case. I'm hoping they'll have some adjustments to make when DJI turns over newer SDK in hopefully December.

Mavic Pro.

Reactions: Mitch
It may help if you put a link to your Litchi mission so others can review the mission settings. Also, a screen shot of your obstacle avoidance settings may be helpful.

Another test would be to set your default speed in the Litchi mission to 30mph and set the waypoints to use the default. It's just a different way to jiggle the wire in an effort to get it to work.

Also, is this a Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum?

So I was going to do print screen and then WOW I see the max speed setting in the settings was set to 30 kph * huge face palm*. I forgot about this, I was only paying attention to the speed in each waypoint. From now on when trouble shooting, like retracing my steps, I'll just screen shoot what I have in my settings and it'll force me to look closely at the settings instead of just assuming I set it correctly.

Reactions: Mitch
I was about to post this.. per waypoint speed and mission speed. Max speed and cruise speed. Etc. Many settings. I have not used litchi for a while but I had that issue too when I first started to use it. .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998