DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

not be able to degrade firmfare of dji mini2 from 01.06.0200

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

I'm not sure how or if you can, but hopefully someone has the answer. I think @old man mavic is knowledgable with the Mini Series

I'm trying to degrade my dji mini 2 from current fimware to lower firmware.
DJI doesn't allow that anymore because of some hacking available. When you upgraded your firmware (not sure what update it was) DJI disabled that feature.

Reactions: old man mavic
trying to degrade
I can assure you that the injected charges which keep zeroes and ones written on NAND or NOR flash will degrade, with or without your tries. Though it might take like 20 years.

As for downgrade of the firmware - DJI hates people doing that, so they added a hardware lock - a few fuses, which make up a rollback value. When flashing a new firmware which fixes blocking users from their product, one of the fuses is burned, increasing the rollback value.

The V01.06.0200 has the rollback value of 4. Without a special hack which workarounds it, you can only flash firmwares which also have the rollback of 4, or higher.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I can assure you that the injected charges which keep zeroes and ones written on NAND or NOR flash will degrade, with or without your tries. Though it might take like 20 years.

As for downgrade of the firmware - DJI hates people doing that, so they added a hardware lock - a few fuses, which make up a rollback value. When flashing a new firmware which fixes blocking users from their product, one of the fuses is burned, increasing the rollback value.

The V01.06.0200 has the rollback value of 4. Without a special hack which workarounds it, you can only flash firmwares which also have the rollback of 4, or higher.
Thanks for clarifying what I said and making it more understandable. :)

Reactions: SaltyOne
its not just a feature on mini drones ,but after a certain firmware update,then being able to roll back ,has been discontinued on most of the recent DJI drone family

being able to roll back ,has been discontinued
That's a strange way of telling this.

There was an ability to flash any firmware. Because this is how software works.

Now, there is no such ability. Not because the previous feature was "discontinued" or "no longer supported", there was actually no feature. Instead, some engineers at DJI actively designed a feature which prevents users from downgrading. This is deliberate restriction, which actually required a hardware feature - the fuses, and implementing and testing a code which reads the fuses, burns some fuses when necessary, and tries to prevent any tampering with the fuses.

Nothing was "discontinued". A new, restrictive feature was designed and implemented, which prevents users from doing what they want with the hardware they paid for.

Be wary of corporate speak, these are just lies.

Is there a way to put it back to facory setting or delate all the firm ware on it.

How many fuses there is in total?

No fuses being used for downgrade prevention, but of course every time someone finds a way around the anti-rollback check DJI patches it in the next firmware. Sometimes a new method is found, sometimes not.
As far as I know there is no known way to downgrade firmwares 1.04.0000 and newer.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ