DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not impressed with the MA

Clouds for sure affect wifi signal, if its really close . Spark has the worse Wifi signal than all DJI drones...MA is the best WIFI drone I’ve ever flown, doesn’t match the MAVIC pro but really not by much...MA doesn’t keep the same quality reception as the Pro but really I fly 600m and I’m happy...I can easily go 1. 5 km with MA in densely populated area with WIFI, and maybe 3K with the Pro...so all in all, nothing wrong with MA unless you are looking for distance range etc...and I always ask myself , why and who cares....i hate to see what you want to fly so far not knowing the environment , predatory bird , telephone wire or any other mundane object from far away can take your drone down if you don’t know the area especially if its few km away....Sorry had to vent haha!

You should have spent a few more $bucks and got the MP... You'd be a lot happier...just saying!

With respect that’s just not true, at least in my experience. And I have had both, and prefer the Air for all sorts of reasons. The only thing I don’t like about it is the fact that it is a bit noisy.

i agree, you really need to try this is a area you know does not have city interference.

I flew my mavic on a shoot in a remote part of costa rica, in almost ideal settings... on a cliff, straight out over water. i had no drop at all over 7000ft away. I could have gone further, by my subject, a boat coming intot he dock was that far away. i had no drop at all.

Compare that to flying here at home, in a city that has municipal wifi, in addition to every home here having wifi, and i have far less range.

I fly mine in SF from time to time. I flew from a rooftop in Pac Heights and lost signal. It paused out and eventually flew back to me. My mistake was that I flew it behind a building and with all the interference, it lost signal even though it was only 2 blocks away.

Since the very first Phantom all the way to the Inspires, I've had nearly all of them. Bought MA as soon as it became available. It sucked. Bought another in a different country. Sucked just as bad. Relative to their time of release, MA is easily the worst release of DJI. In absolute terms it's still great so people who haven't pushed the other options to their limits won't ever realize the huge difference. Second-hand Mavic Pro at same or even less price is 10 times the drone MA is. Haters will hate the truth, but it is still the truth.

Since the very first Phantom all the way to the Inspires, I've had nearly all of them. Bought MA as soon as it became available. It sucked. Bought another in a different country. Sucked just as bad. Relative to their time of release, MA is easily the worst release of DJI. In absolute terms it's still great so people who haven't pushed the other options to their limits won't ever realize the huge difference. Second-hand Mavic Pro at same or even less price is 10 times the drone MA is. Haters will hate the truth, but it is still the truth.
Easy boy we don't wanta bite....just run him off...LMAO

I hear ya LOUD and CLEAR ....

Tossers. I’m not saying the Air is the best thing since sliced bread. What I’m saying is that I’m a previous owner of the Pro ( and a Lightbridge equipped P3A) and I still prefer the Air. You juveniles are obviously obsessed with range which I got over years ago.

In canada you have to maintain vlos. I’m constantly hitting 2-3 k over a lake no signal issues. If you want range, buy the flying wheelchair

You may want to reflect on that a bit...

Bought two Mavic airs expecting different results. Interesting. Well you must pick **** ones as I have no issues. Hopefully you pick better women.

Reactions: Wacker2611
Just provide solid Proof. It’s a different drone than the MPP, phantom and spark. It fits where it needs to. Drop the dawg, it wasn’t in...ever.

Thanx dawg...I wanna be just like you!!

You sure do post a lot about the Mavic Air for someone who dislikes it so much. Seems more like drone envy. If you spent this much time taking flying lessons maybe you’d be a real pilot by now instead of pretending to be one.

Reactions: JDawg
I am not impressed with the air either. BETTER CAMERA?.... barely.
The only drone I have ever had is the mavic pro, and some $50 toys. Only bought the ones I have as a result of reading forums. Based on reading most of the threads here, I would NEVER buy an air.

Reactions: Classic flyer
I am not impressed with the air either. BETTER CAMERA?.... barely.
The only drone I have ever had is the mavic pro, and some $50 toys. Only bought the ones I have as a result of reading forums. Based on reading most of the threads here, I would NEVER buy an air.

If I already owned a pro I wouldn’t buy a Mavic Air either. That’s just a waste. They are too similar. I’ll take the nicer camera, additional sensors and better gimbal over the Pro all day every day though. The Pros gimble is garbage lets be real. Seriously it looks like DJI glued it on, it’s embarrassing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece