DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not suitable for landing

Hi, I used this landing pad for landing and the above message appears. Anyone know what is wrong?
View attachment 19513 I had to land manually next to the landing pad.
But message came up only 2 times.
There may not have been enough light on the landing pad when landing. Or you may have launched when it was in sun light and landed with it in shadow.

Reactions: ddean0419
Disable "Landing protection", it's a joke and can cause trouble.
Not always a joke and may cause relief. I don't use a landing pad so I can't speak to that, but "landing protection" prevented my MP from crashing one time. She was coming down after a RTH and instead of being in the middle of my patio (from where it took off), it was halfway over the parapet of my roof. I was able to take control and land it on the patio. Thanks landing protection!

Reactions: damienlovegrove
Not always a joke and may cause relief. I don't use a landing pad so I can't speak to that, but "landing protection" prevented my MP from crashing one time. She was coming down after a RTH and instead of being in the middle of my patio (from where it took off), it was halfway over the parapet of my roof. I was able to take control and land it on the patio. Thanks landing protection!

Yeah, the anti LP thing around here is just an example of group think.

[QUOTE = "Stunnajd112, post: 274912, участник: 30226"]
da4b311d5bef1d14bd956a6ccc98147e.jpg
Это хорошая площадка. Я сказал своему приятелю, что мне не нравится мой, поэтому он купил мне этот новый. Мягкие посадки. [Emoji23] [/ QUOTE]
Глядя на него, я плачу весь день)))

I fly out in the desert mostly and I'm thinking about getting a takeoff/landing pad. Not only for the dust but I notice that sometimes when I when I'm wrapping up I see a couple ants crawling on my bird. If enough ants or worst yet a bigger insect somehow makes it into the bird it could cause a short and fry circuitry. I've seen it happen to computers and other electronics in households (far fetched, I know, but never say never). We don't have much grass out here in the desert but I would be concerned, maybe even more so, setting it in the grass where all kind of bugs are hidden below. Hand takeoff/landing would be much easier/better/safer in that aspect but it's just not appealing to me.

Landing pad is a nice tool to have. Easy recordable take off point too if you are on some kind of solid color surface. Keep from clipping grass, twigs, gravel, etc...

Disable "Landing protection", it's a joke and can cause trouble.

I've disabled landing protection after reading several posts about issues with it. I've been over top level ground and get area unsuitable to land. It only comes up once in a blue moon, but after reading about a few that dropped out of the sky because the Landing Protection erroneously sensed it was near a solid object and cut motors at altitude I've since turned it off. Besides...I can now hand launch and catch the Mavic with ease.

I've disabled landing protection after reading several posts about issues with it. I've been over top level ground and get area unsuitable to land. It only comes up once in a blue moon, but after reading about a few that dropped out of the sky because the Landing Protection erroneously sensed it was near a solid object and cut motors at altitude I've since turned it off. Besides...I can now hand launch and catch the Mavic with ease.
Exactly, and if you ever think you might need it you can always turn it back on!

I encountered a similar message with a similar pad a couple of times. On each occasion I had failed to secure the pad to the ground (in my case, grass). After observing the second occasion carefully it seemed as if the down-draft from the propellers got around and under the pad cause it to lift off the ground just slightly. Maybe that was enough to make the sensors believe the surface to be unstable. After fixing it down (putting the pegs in at an angle avoids risk to the props without the effort of hitting them deep into the soil) I've never seen the message again.

I also use the same landing pad. I think i happened a couple of time to me but I also noted that the pad was moving alot with the prop wash and it was a windy day. I believe it just senses the pad moving or even just the tie down loop flapping. I just force land it myself on the pad.
Happy Flyin'

Reactions: helmut
I've had that warning message when landing on surfaces marked with a contrasting pattern (e.g tiles). Apparently the visual sensors interpret that as an uneven surface.

Mine did great.. bout like this every time may be off an inch or two.

Reactions: Greenflash
I think i happened a couple of time to me but I also noted that the pad was moving alot with the prop wash and it was a windy day. I believe it just senses the pad moving or even just the tie down loop flapping. I just force land it myself on the pad.
Happy Flyin'

I tested this morning again the landing pad on orange and blue side. Same message: 'Not suitable for landing...' I forced to land on it - the propeller did not stop as usual.
But you maybe right: It was windy, and the landing pad was not fixed and slidly moving.It was a concret floor.

I have a similar one. It's helpful when launching from a dusty area to prevent dust getting on the lens before take off. Mine features and black/orange side. I don't get think error, must be the color?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS