DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not sure how it happened but FAA canceled my 107 cert.

Identity theft??

That is exactly what I am thinking. I forgot about it until you posted but I had a problem about 10 years ago where someone broke into my car and I had a spare ID in the car and it was stolen, someone got some tickets but when I went to court the cop said it wasn't me.. So maybe someone is still using it.

Reactions: sonof40
Is it cancelled, suspended or what? If you had it issued, I can't imagine the wording would be "cancelled" but "suspended", "revoked" or something similar. If you have the ties you say you have to Cuba, I could see your 107 being suspended until you can prove you aren't a threat to US security.

I was in Guantanamo Bay back in '85 or '86, and I would have loved to have had a drone back then. If you can get that $100 license each month there, you will get some great footage.

Is it cancelled, suspended or what? If you had it issued, I can't imagine the wording would be "cancelled" but "suspended", "revoked" or something similar. If you have the ties you say you have to Cuba, I could see your 107 being suspended until you can prove you aren't a threat to US security.

I was in Guantanamo Bay back in '85 or '86, and I would have loved to have had a drone back then. If you can get that $100 license each month there, you will get some great footage.

I don't know if that is it though because how the heck would I have gotten into the Army in the first place, I guess it could be some policy change or something. I will post a photo of it when I get home tonight. The department of Energy just granted me L security from confidential so I don't know. I guess it is beating a dead horse until I get my hearing.

No don't think so. 10 years in the Army, I am sure that this would have came up a lot sooner. Besides CID did a very extensive background check on me before I was even allowed to go to basic training. 13Foxtrot here. That is correct US citizens can't get a permit there.

Sounds to me like just another TSA screw up, they don't have the best record for doing their job correctly. Why do they have the authority to mess with the FAA licensing especially when you have security clearance from other government agencies?

Case law

Some people just don't stand up for what they believe in..

Yes but isn't it a shame they are right but still have to spend time and money to defend themselves. I would love to see a law that makes the loosing party responsible for all court costs, legal fees and lost income of the winner. That may stop a lot for BS legal battles.

Reactions: RobP62 and Kilrah
Doug I think pretty much prolly nailed it. Your name is similar to someone else's on the NFL I guarantee. Contest that element with the usual cross reference and you should be fine

I don't know if that is it though because how the heck would I have gotten into the Army in the first place, I guess it could be some policy change or something. I will post a photo of it when I get home tonight. The department of Energy just granted me L security from confidential so I don't know. I guess it is beating a dead horse until I get my hearing.

You have a DOE L clearance but failed the TSA background check? That sounds like the usual lack of communication between departments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson