DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now... I hate my Mavic

Absolutely zero problems with IOS, and i am a Android guy. I read the forums before i received the Mavic and they dictated me getting an iPad as part of the purchase. Not many people have problems on IOS..

Reactions: Dronewerkz
I've always used iOS, this problem just arose recently, never had an issue before this.

Reactions: HUP55
This reason in many other circumstances is why I do not use an Android device anymore. There are many apps that just don't function properly on the platform but work flawlessly (well, almost) on iOS. The reason is simple.

I use iOS and have never had a problem.
(***yet***) yikes, I had to go and say that didn't I........

It really sucks im using android too constant app crash video lag,never had this problem with my p3a.

I recently posted about my first and (almost) last flight. I had major issues with signal drops, notification that I am about to enter a NFZ, etc. Then @Jenee suggested that the issue may be related to the Android "trying to do too many things". In my case, I was using my Samsung S7 to fly the MP. Like most others, the phone is full of apps trying to gain the attention of the OS. I think she was on the right track about this issue. I am planning to keep an iPad M2 dedicated to the MP and see if the issue goes away.

I wonder if you, like me are using your daily use phone connected to the RC. If so, it might be trying to multitask and lose connection with the RC and subsequently display errors like mine did.

...just a thought.

Last edited:
When I first got my mavic back months ago, I absolutely loved this thing. But now with the new updates and with Android Nougat, this bird is now a huge liability and a bigger waste of money. Every time I fly, since the DJI update and the Nougat update, I am constantly getting "signal interference" in my front yard, where I never had this issue before. I get constant disconnects from the DJI app which leaves me scrambling to find my Mavic at its last location. I dont fly far at all, its just that there a lot of trees in my neighborhood, so if I go past the first few homes, I cant see it. None of this was an issue when I first got my Mavic. I have zero joy of flying it now, and just think about when its not going to come home. Sorry, for the rant. I just wasted a thousand dollars on this thing and im too scared to fly it now.
I have the S7 Edge with all new updates Nougat and GoApp4 and I was in Mexico recently and had zero issues after maybe 30 flights...it was rock solid..Only issue I have with the MAVIC and I'm sure I've heard this from many people. When going forward in sport mode , actually in regular mode, it tends to always lean to flying on the right, I can't get a straight flight ...has anyone experienced this ..I know my sticks are perfectly straight...wondering if stick calibration is the problem?

I'm having the same issues. The app doesn't "disconnect", it closes / shuts down. After all my testing and research, it appears to be an issue with app compatibility with Android Nougat. I tried using an older version of the app, but the problem persisted. I also rolled back to the .0400 firmware, but that didn't resolve the problem either. As with any app, I'm sure this will eventually be resolved in a future app update. It's frustrating trying to be on the latest and greatest OS / versions and being the guinea pig for these leading edge companies. For the record, I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge with Android Nougat, & DJI Go 4 (latest version).

I have Nougot 7.0 on my Samsung galaxy 7 Edge. When I get interference I move the drone somewhere else. Problem solved. No disconnects. I have a Samsung galaxy s2 tablet. No disconnect. Problems sometime when hooking it up .. but turning off program and reconnecting solves the problem. Get interference sometimes but then I just change position. All and all a great experience so far. $Just bought Marco Polo to find the drone if it flys off. Knock on wood. Minimal problems and are usually my fault.
anyway sorry about your problem. Good luck

I'm a little surprised at the number of people that think the app needs to be running to fly the Mavic. It doesn't. If it is an app issue, rolling back the last software you updated, either the OS, and/or the app, is the best option then. But I don't think this is a FW issue with the Mavic though.
I never had an app issue. I use most current apps.

Why not roll the firmware back? That's what I had to do.
Why should you have to roll back from a firmware from DJI. I have other products from other manufacturers where when you load a firmware update, it doesn't disable your product. Who is driving this bus?

Analyzing all the posts it seems to be that the Samsung S7 and Android Nougat are mentioned quite too often. Very likely to be avoided especially in combination.
The S7 seems to be the only Samsung Android device not all but many owners complain about in other posts as well. Its a great smartphone with high specs otherwise.
I have used for several years IOS devices and found them exceptional for Drone operation. If someone has trouble with Android driven devices get an Ipad Mini 2 which are cheap now
and very likely you will be just flying instead of posting about your very valid disappointments .
I still decided to switch to Android devices for many good reasons.
Never forget Android is an operating system only. It can run on cheap $ 80.00 low spec phones or on high spec phones or tablets. That is the beauty of Android.
Everyone can have access to the features without breaking their individual bank accounts.
However, when you experiment with a low spec Android device and play Youtube or play back video in general its not that smooth. Playing certain games on low spec Android
devices are no fun. Same for Flying DJI drones. You need high spec devices with Snapdragon CPUs, high amounts of ram and fast Mali GPUs. You have to be on par with the high spec devices of Apple which show no problems. The reason why Apple sticks out is because they only produce high spec devices. Extremely fast processors, good amounts of ram and the exceptional OS.
On Android devices you can not have apps in the background like email, whatsapp, facebook and others trying to update all the time or apps hunting for upgrades. You need to kill all possible interference sources and best is to switch the phones to flight mode. These phones are designed for multitasking, when you fly you want all technical ability of the phone focused on your drone flight.
I have now four devices running Android 6 and they are as stable as the mini Ipad I borrow at times from my daughter. Its a Samsung Note 4, a Xiaomi MiMax with a beautiful 6.4 inch screen
and 3 gb ram, a Samsung S2 tablet and a Nvidia K1 tablet. All very different devices and all run extremely flawless on DJI Go4, Litchi and DJI Ultimate Flight which has better features than
Litchi. This is on .600 firmware and Android 6. They also worked fine before on .400 firmware and/ or on Android 5.
If you have problems with the apps, try uninstalling and re installing them. It has made a huge difference for some users. If you run Android 7 and have unidentifiable issues you might be better off to downgrade to 6. If you have disconnects of the apps, check for apps running in the background and change the USB cable. A bad cable causes disconnects.
If you have a Samsung S7 and problems try .400 firmware and Android 6. If there are still problems and makes your drone flight hobby a misery get a reasonably priced IOS device. It will bring the fun back into Drone flying and you can still enjoy an otherwise great smart phone.

Due to firmware update 600, I lost my Mavic Pro and now sitting on the seabed. It was constantly giving me magnetic interferance. Thanks to DJI, it got replaced. But although I have a new one, still scared to take it for it's first flight. The worrying still haunts me and always thinking that it will do the same as the first. So, my brand new Mavic is still sitting in it's box and willing to sell it before I lose this one too. Anyone interested, it's up for sale. Bought it 1400 euros with a spare battery and new pouch ( Black Case ). Willing to sell for 1200 euro

Yep, on a construction flight yesterday with the owner and I had the Go4 app crash. Does it once a flight pretty much. Interestingly I have NEVER had Litchi crash. I wonder who has more engineers and more resources to design their apps, DJI or Litchi. Something is just NOT RIGHT. I have ZERO issues with any other apps I use (and I have a lot). Why is it that the Go4 app crashes on my system and ONLY the Go4 app?????? Do they just have one intern sitting in the basement in charge of their android development? I was not a big DJI fan until about a year ago. They have pretty much blown away the competition with their features etc. Now I have a Mavic and an I1 (and a Solo for flights where DJI GEO system is F%$#@d up and provides false positives). But for f%$k sake DJI fix this crap! Don't blame it on "too many flavors of android". Somehow a lot smaller developers are able to provide an app that works with "too many flavors of android".

Rant Over....

I Have the exact same issue with signal loss randomly. I'm using a iPhone 7plus latest firmware and app is updated. Some flights fine others major signal loss.

Due to firmware update 600, I lost my Mavic Pro and now sitting on the seabed. It was constantly giving me magnetic interferance.

I have been experiencing the magnetic interference warnings fairly regularly as well. The interesting part is that I mostly fly on my 1000 acre farm at 30-100 meters and there absolutely no structures, power lines, radio frequency or geological interfering sources even remotely close. The magnetic interference warnings seem to occur randomly and are not repeated in the same areas of prior warnings. I have had 2 attempted flyaways but was fortunately able take control of the aircraft eventually. One of those was attributable to my attached cell phone trying to pickup a incoming call but the other one I have no idea why.

Reactions: HUP55
Why should you have to roll back from a firmware from DJI. I have other products from other manufacturers where when you load a firmware update, it doesn't disable your product. Who is driving this bus?

Rolling back is a feature DJI has in the Assistant. DJI's updates are not 100% to all devices, and all climate conditions world wide. Because of this and other reasons there will be compatibility issues you should watch for.

You are sadly mistaken on how things work. Your aircraft will perform less as time goes on due to how dji does each of their models. I have been a part of the main sister website to this one since 2013, and I have witnessed them jack up EVERY ONE starting with the 1st phantom.

On my P3P I stopped updating all firmware after 5 months. Several others stopped as well. If you do continue to update, you should at least wait 10-14 days after any updates comes out before installing it into our aircraft. Let others find out what does and doesn't work. Don't just wait for one person to post and say they installed and have had no trouble. They likely have a different device or something else then what you do and then you end up into an issue.

I do know exactly how you feel though. One of the worse things is to find out you can no longer fly as far, or battery doesn't last as long, or any performance loss just sux.

I agree with you 100%, I'm having zero problems with my Mavic Pro and haven't done any updates since it was flying excellent I see no need to update either the AC or the RC! I haven't updated either my Mavic Pro, my P4 and P4P and I'm getting excellent range and no video loss either !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart