DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now... I hate my Mavic

I agree with you 100%, I'm having zero problems with my Mavic Pro and haven't done any updates since it was flying excellent I see no need to update either the AC or the RC! I haven't updated either my Mavic Pro, my P4 and P4P and I'm getting excellent range and no video loss either !
This is how I run also. My phantom 2 and also my Mavic once I get everything dialed in with no disconnects or issues I never update anything else. Don't try to fix what's not broken.

This is how I run also. My phantom 2 and also my Mavic once I get everything dialed in with no disconnects or issues I never update anything else. Don't try to fix what's not broken.

Exactly! However there are quite a few people for some reason just have to update every time a new FW rolls out then come the complaints LoL,,,, but for the long time pilots we learned early on all about this![emoji12]

I get constant disconnects from the DJI app which leaves me scrambling to find my Mavic at its last location..
I feel for ya and the GO app doesn't like me period whether I use my Note 4 phone or my Shield tablet. So I just use it for required updates and for some of the settings and the rest of the time I just fly with Lichi which never crashes on either devices. I do use an app called "Shut App" (Android) to close all background apps then start a screen recorder and Litchi and I never have problems except if I go on extreme flights where it temporarily loses connection. With Litchi you can just fly around manually FPV or do the programmed flights so the relative small price makes it worth it for me.

With the GO app when it crashes, of course it's gonna do it at the worst times, to get it going again I have to unplug it from the transmitter, plug it back in, wait for the pop-up, click "just this time", and hope for some long seconds it's going to re-connect with the Mavic. Nerve rattling to say the least. So now I don't miss it unless I need to change some setting that Lichi doesn't have and I do that before I fly.

I've just gotten myself a Sony Xperia XZ running Android 7.1.1.
The included USB-C cable for the Mavic was faulty and kept reconnecting and relaunching the Go4 App, so I've flown quite a bit now with a standard, short USB-C cable.
It works much better.
I do feel though that my old Xperia Z3 running Android 6 works MUCH better and more stable, so when I get it back from repairs with a new screen, that is the one I'm going to use for the Mavic.
I've never had any problems with that one. It's also one of the not so many Android devices listed on DJI's compatiblity list.

As suggested. Simply downgrade to your last stable version. For me it was .0550.

When I first got my mavic back months ago, I absolutely loved this thing. But now with the new updates and with Android Nougat, this bird is now a huge liability and a bigger waste of money. Every time I fly, since the DJI update and the Nougat update, I am constantly getting "signal interference" in my front yard, where I never had this issue before. I get constant disconnects from the DJI app which leaves me scrambling to find my Mavic at its last location. I dont fly far at all, its just that there a lot of trees in my neighborhood, so if I go past the first few homes, I cant see it. None of this was an issue when I first got my Mavic. I have zero joy of flying it now, and just think about when its not going to come home. Sorry, for the rant. I just wasted a thousand dollars on this thing and im too scared to fly it now.
Get yourself some gynacort or vagasill and wipe yourself down brother. There's a solution for this problem. Start with going back to your last firmware on the drone and remote. If that doesn't work ditch the nougat processor and go back to what you had before or a more comparable phone. My $80 Samsung j3 works perfect!

I use two different Android devices my HTC 10 and my Nvidia Shield K1 both running Nougat with zero problems and flawless flights, Sounds like your problem is the FW update

When I first got my mavic back months ago, I absolutely loved this thing. But now with the new updates and with Android Nougat, this bird is now a huge liability and a bigger waste of money. Every time I fly, since the DJI update and the Nougat update, I am constantly getting "signal interference" in my front yard, where I never had this issue before. I get constant disconnects from the DJI app which leaves me scrambling to find my Mavic at its last location. I dont fly far at all, its just that there a lot of trees in my neighborhood, so if I go past the first few homes, I cant see it. None of this was an issue when I first got my Mavic. I have zero joy of flying it now, and just think about when its not going to come home. Sorry, for the rant. I just wasted a thousand dollars on this thing and im too scared to fly it now.
Tried to use not the default cable but an official one of your phone? Together with the phone in flight mode that helped me get rid of that problem. Good luck.

I use an old android phone for my mavic, install the app, and thats it. No need to update, no data sim card needed. No wifi needed. Just a dedicated old phone with DJI app that dont give me any issue and fly high high, yah. Who needs update if all working well?

Reactions: stratos
How is you IMU ? Very curious of its status. And for kicks your compass.

So the thing to do to fix this 100% is to get an Apple iPhone, and leave the nougat, kit Kat, snickers etc. in your mirror.

iOS doesn't have the issues you mention. The Mavic was made to work on iOS first and Android as a necessary evil.

If you would like to downgrade, download DJI assistant software 2 and downgrading is as easy as pie. At least on my Mac it is

### not necessarily. Cables age.

Yep. A bad cord would compound the problems. I had this issue as well. Changed the cord and a lot of issues went away. Keep in mind new cords can be bad. Mine was. Downgrade to your last stable version. I felt the same way as you but I'm not disappointed anymore. These things happen. Don't let it ruin it for you.

I use an old android phone for my mavic, install the app, and thats it. No need to update, no data sim card needed. No wifi needed. Just a dedicated old phone with DJI app that dont give me any issue and fly high high, yah. Who needs update if all working well?
After the glitches from .600, I will also be downgrading to .550.

I mean yesterday I got my quad disconnected on clear VLOS at no more than 250 meters.

Reactions: Jaysjob
I understand that people seem to love Apple/iOS/ etc, and that the DJI systems are 'built for apple/iOS' However, why did DJI build the P4-Pro+ with a dedicated monitor, that runs on Android...? I really wonder why. Also I think that using your phone as a monitor for a bird in the air is asking for trouble, no matter the system/format. A bit of a tangent, but within the chat about OS'z

I understand that people seem to love Apple/iOS/ etc, and that the DJI systems are 'built for apple/iOS' However, why did DJI build the P4-Pro+ with a dedicated monitor, that runs on Android...? I really wonder why. Also I think that using your phone as a monitor for a bird in the air is asking for trouble, no matter the system/format. A bit of a tangent, but within the chat about OS'z
the mavic itself uses android kit kat.

Same problem here, switching off Wifi and NFC solved my problem on the Samsung S7 Edge. Next time i will fly with NFC on because i don't know if that is part of the problem but i wanted to make a "big" step.

I seriously hated mine at 1st when I was using my android Note 5. It was so glitchy. Then I have in and bought an iPad mini. Even though I don't use Apple products for anything else. It has been extremely smooth sailing ever since. The iPad mini even helps keep the controller charged longer. It fits perfectly into the controller, to the point that I believe the controller was designed with the iPad mini in mind. I highly, highly recommend for all Mavic users to try flying with an iPad mini.

So the thing to do to fix this 100% is to get an Apple iPhone, and leave the nougat, kit Kat, snickers etc. in your mirror.

iOS doesn't have the issues you mention. The Mavic was made to work on iOS first and Android as a necessary evil.

If you would like to downgrade, download DJI assistant software 2 and downgrading is as easy as pie. At least on my Mac it is

I totally disagree. This is a firmware issue. I am using an iPhone 7 plus and have the exact same problems.

Exactly! However there are quite a few people for some reason just have to update every time a new FW rolls out then come the complaints LoL,,,, but for the long time pilots we learned early on all about this![emoji12]

I learned this not just as a consumer but also from working in the industry. During the development cycle for a new product we put our best programmers on the Job. They then move on to the next model as soon as this model has been debugged and is getting ready for market. We would leave back one or two of the mid ranking guys for a couple of months to help with training and fixing any problems that might pop up when it's released to market, after that they join the main team on the next gen product.

At this point in the products life we would have the lowest rated guys working on modifications and bugs.

Rob

Reactions: HUP55

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe