DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now What !!!

I use an iPhone X, and it's been mostly fine, but when I was flying on a hot day and standing in the sun, the display became very dim and hard to read (despite the screen brightness being at maximum). I definitely think this is a thermal issue, where the OLED brightness or LED backlight is reduced when the phone gets hot.

hmm I actually have less free space than you. Im not sure it matters, but did you have a bunch of apps open? Im sure you already check this, but do you have Auto-lock set to never and raise to wake enabled?

I use an iPhone X, and it's been mostly fine, but when I was flying on a hot day and standing in the sun, the display became very dim and hard to read (despite the screen brightness being at maximum). I definitely think this is a thermal issue, where the OLED brightness or LED backlight is reduced when the phone gets hot.
that’s the problem I’m having but that shouldn’t be... it is a thermal thing. It dims the screen to try and keep cool

hmm I actually have less free space than you. Im not sure it matters, but did you have a bunch of apps open? Im sure you already check this, but do you have Auto-lock set to never and raise to wake enabled?
No Apps open and yes Aoto lock on never.
Raise to wake on.
I will update my phone later and I think there is also a Fly app update

Reactions: Ars3nal3432
BUT I wonder how long that mini 4 is going to last with future updates ya know?
I don’t think deleting the flight app and reinstalling it has much to do with anything but I guess I will try.
Yes the 5 is a newer model with improvements. But, the 4 is still supported and flies the drones well. It wont ever be outdated for current model drones. It may not in future models but for now is an affordable option.
All devices can become too crowded to operate at max efficiency resulting in slow, sluggish operation. Shutting down or deleting high demand apps will solve it in most cases.

Yes the 5 is a newer model with improvements. But, the 4 is still supported and flies the drones well. It wont ever be outdated for current model drones. It may not in future models but for now is an affordable option.
All devices can become too crowded to operate at max efficiency resulting in slow, sluggish operation. Shutting down or deleting high demand apps will solve it in most cases.

well that’s great that the 4 is working for you !
Shh don’t let my wife find out ! Hahah
I may just bite the bullet and get a 5
Still deciding here but thanks a bunch Capt!

well that’s great that the 4 is working for you !
Shh don’t let my wife find out ! Hahah
I may just bite the bullet and get a 5
Still deciding here but thanks a bunch Capt!

Personally I would stick with apple products, they are much more stable and reliable in my experience.

Reactions: Renoetra
I fly my M2P with an Ipad Mini 4 (cellular model without SIM) yet and it runs just fine. Heard lots of posts that say otherwise, that I should upgrade to the Mini 5. I use a sunshade and run 1080P video usually.

I buy $1000 drone and now I need a tablet or something because my iPhone 7 Plus screen went dark on me a couple of times. I guess the CPU isn’t strong enough.
Question is, do you think the iPad mini 5 will do the trick or ?
OR just send this back and get the Mavic two, after all I’m going to be close to the same price anyway.
What a ( Mod Removed)calamity man...
I have an Apple Mini 4 (cellular) and it works great. Picked it up used for a decent price too. The 5 will work as well.

Just to add my voice......

I've been flying the MA2 so far with just my 6s Plus. Only issue I've noticed so far is it does tend to get warmer/hotter than usual (I understand this could be due to filming in 4k 60fps. I don't know).

As an aside, I do have an iPad Mini 5 arriving tomorrow, and we'll see how that works.
The phone gets hot due the the controller charging it. Not an issue of overworked. With the iPhone you can disable the charging function, but not on android.

The phone gets hot due the the controller charging it. Not an issue of overworked. With the iPhone you can disable the charging function, but not on android.
yeh but I wasn’t charging the phone from the controller. Not sure that’s the case anyway as that function is off by default.
I guess it can make the phone warm but how come that doesn’t happen when you are charging from home? I am on my phone now with the charger plugged into the wall and it’s not warm at all

I buy $1000 drone and now I need a tablet or something because my iPhone 7 Plus screen went dark on me a couple of times. I guess the CPU isn’t strong enough.
Question is, do you think the iPad mini 5 will do the trick or ?
OR just send this back and get the Mavic two, after all I’m going to be close to the same price anyway.
What a ( Mod Removed)calamity man...
I just got the Mavic Air 2 and use an iPad mini with it. It works fine, although you will have to purchase an adapter. My adapter coast $17US, I think.

Thou sorry I was talking about the M2Z. Not sure how the charging function on the MA2 works. Cell phones all get Mega hot depending on rate of charge. Fast charging at 18w for instance heats up phones big time. No risk to the phone. You are likely charging at a low Watt so phone stays cool. Phones heating up poses no threat to damage. You can find lots of info online. I wouldn't replace a phone simply for that.

Reactions: CFWB
I just got the Mavic Air 2 and use an iPad mini with it. It works fine, although you will have to purchase an adapter. My adapter coast $17US, I think.

yes and lots guys with 3D printers are making some nice mounts too !
And check this out ! Lol ?

Last edited:
Reactions: CFWB
Thou sorry I was talking about the M2Z. Not sure how the charging function on the MA2 works. Cell phones all get Mega hot depending on rate of charge. Fast charging at 18w for instance heats up phones big time. No risk to the phone. You are likely charging at a low Watt so phone stays cool. Phones heating up poses no threat to damage. You can find lots of info online. I wouldn't replace a phone simply for that.
Well if my screen is going dim and I can’t see then I’ll have to..
Need to do more testing I guess.

Well if my screen is going dim and I can’t see then I’ll have to..
Need to do more testing I guess.

I just learned that you will need to purchase a longer wire and mount if you decide to go with the ipad mini

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa