DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Now What !!!

I just learned that you will need to purchase a longer wire and mount if you decide to go with the ipad mini
Yeh but depends on which mount. Some mounds usht the iPad away from the holder in which case you need a longer wire but I have seen some mounts that keep the pad close to the phone holder and they use the same cable.
I’ll have to check it out some.
Thanks for that !

Reactions: Ars3nal3432
Just to add my voice......

I've been flying the MA2 so far with just my 6s Plus. Only issue I've noticed so far is it does tend to get warmer/hotter than usual (I understand this could be due to filming in 4k 60fps. I don't know).

As an aside, I do have an iPad Mini 5 arriving tomorrow, and we'll see how that works.

I’m thinking of buying a iPad mini 5 refurbished from Apple itself just to use with my MA2 controller.
I think an iPad might be overkill being too big and too heavy.
Any thoughts?

I’m thinking of buying a iPad mini 5 refurbished from Apple itself just to use with my MA2 controller.
Any thoughts?

I can't comment on the weight, however, if you are worried some people mount their iPad to a tripod

Any thoughts?
No man, nice big screen to see things better.
I can’t even see how many satellites are connected sometimes it’s so tiny on my phone.
Lol

An IPad mini fifth generation should be more than powerful enough. I use one with my Mavic-2 Pro and it really works better than anything else I’ve ever used. My only small complaint about it ie that I really wish the screen would go about %25 brighter.

An IPad mini fifth generation should be more than powerful enough. I use one with my Mavic-2 Pro and it really works better than anything else I’ve ever used. My only small complaint about it ie that I really wish the screen would go about %25 brighter.
Are ya using a sun shade ?

Are ya using a sun shade ?
No I’m not using any kind of sun shade or hood. Maybe it’s time to try one out. They have always looked kind of cumbersome and awkward to use. Can you recommend a decent one for the IPad mini?

I buy $1000 drone and now I need a tablet or something because my iPhone 7 Plus screen went dark on me a couple of times. I guess the CPU isn’t strong enough.
Question is, do you think the iPad mini 5 will do the trick or ?
OR just send this back and get the Mavic two, after all I’m going to be close to the same price anyway.
What a ( Mod Removed)calamity man...
$1000 is cheap...
$2500 for new laptop...old one wouldnt run the 4k videos
$800 Ipad mini 5....old mini 2 not supported and my eyes are to old to use a phone
$400 for variable mounts cause i cant seem to make up my mind
Buying the drone was the CHEAP part??
Hope the wife doesnt read this post..

No I’m not using any kind of sun shade or hood. Maybe it’s time to try one out. They have always looked kind of cumbersome and awkward to use. Can you recommend a decent one for the IPad mini?

Sorry JS, no I don't know which is a good one yet, been messing with other things but I will be looking too soon..

I buy $1000 drone and now I need a tablet or something because my iPhone 7 Plus screen went dark on me a couple of times. I guess the CPU isn’t strong enough.
OR just send this back and get the Mavic two, after all I’m going to be close to the same price anyway.

The iPhone 7 has more than enough processing power - that's not your problem. DJI recommended devices:

iOS Version V 1.1.0
Requires iOS 10.0 or above.

iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 7,iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 6s,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6,ipad Pro(9.7-inch),ipad air2(9.7-inch),iPad mini4(8-inch),iPad Pro(10.5-inch),ipad Pro 2018(11-inch),ipad Pro (12.9-inch)

The iPhone 7 has more than enough processing power - that's not your problem. DJI recommended devices:

iOS Version V 1.1.0
Requires iOS 10.0 or above.

iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 7,iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 6s,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6,ipad Pro(9.7-inch),ipad air2(9.7-inch),iPad mini4(8-inch),iPad Pro(10.5-inch),ipad Pro 2018(11-inch),ipad Pro (12.9-inch)

Yeh I've seen the list many times.. LOL Still doesnt make my phone work just cause it's on the list.

Make sure that you iPone has all other apps closed. (maximise available mem) turn off bluetooth, turn off wifi.

Then try it again.

Cheers

holy Mackerel! That’s awesome !
Wow!

The best part is that I can fully disconnect the iPad from that base and just hang my controller from my neck while I'm getting my final prep work done.

Note: I'm still working on my best practices on order of operation for each launch. This is a whole new world, but man is it fun!

The best part is that I can fully disconnect the iPad from that base and just hang my controller from my neck while I'm getting my final prep work done.

Note: I'm still working on my best practices on order of operation for each launch. This is a whole new world, but man is it fun!
Yeh it is ... ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard