DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oahu Hawaii, Mavic flight

Thanks guys! it was my first time actually putting clips of drone footage into a full length video so I wasn't sure how it was all gonna turn out. The two challenges were first to find the right music and second learning final cut pro. It took a lil legwork to find a "royalty for fee" website but well worth it. Glad you enjoyed it!

Footage looks great! We are travelling to Honolulu soon, was wondering if most of the beach/coastal areas had satellite reception?

Thanks! The only place I had difficulty with was near the Makapuu lighthouse. Besides the winds being super strong, I started to lose reception anytime the mavic altitude was lower than the top of the cliffs. Cant wait to see your footage!

Nice video and must have been a great trip.

Looks like most of your video needs you to adjust the gimbal roll.
Thanks for sharing.

It was indeed amazing @Nothing-2-see. After only getting it back from dji a day prior it was a last minute decision to take it and I didn’t have anything settings setup or adjusted. Another thing for anybody heading that way is to consider a screen shade or dji goggles. The sun definitely made viewing a challenge.

Footage looks great! We are travelling to Honolulu soon, was wondering if most of the beach/coastal areas had satellite reception?
I haven’t had any issues with satellite reception but there is tons of air traffic with nearby airports, helipads and restrictions. Check your b4ufly app before flying and follow FAA rules to contact airports, etc. Enjoy.

I haven’t had any issues with satellite reception but there is tons of air traffic with nearby airports, helipads and restrictions. Check your b4ufly app before flying and follow FAA rules to contact airports, etc. Enjoy.

As a long-time O'ahu resident who now flies a Mavic, I strongly second this suggestion. Please be careful and don't spoil it for the rest of us.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore