DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini "The Shot"- A Cinematic Video - Mavic Mini last job!

Just a HERO

Reactions
Long story short: Still amazed by the difference an ND Filter can make. Aerial footage shot on good old Mavic Mini. Last video for this little fella since I will be upgrading next month!

Hi mates šŸ¤š After a while I come back with a project which wants to be cinematic with the help of GoPro HERO 11 and Mavic Mini. How much of that did I managed to achieve, its your opinion only, but I would love to hear it! šŸ˜šŸ‘Œ

About the video itself, filming took about 10-12 hours? I think? Basically it was a marathon, and drove just about 1050km šŸ¤£ Editing was the hardest part, taking over 4 weeks but with limited amount of time spent every day (2 hours max), sometimes less.

Please share your toughts! šŸ˜šŸ‘Œ

Absolutely fantastic. This kind of professional work is something most of us strive to come close to but certainly well beyond my ability. I am curious how much if any of this was storyboarded before the shoot and how much was chosen and put in the video after filming and viewing what was captured. For my part, I am not doing storyboard but only choose to go to some area and film and then put together whatever I can. I am impressed.

Absolutely fantastic. This kind of professional work is something most of us strive to come close to but certainly well beyond my ability. I am curious how much if any of this was storyboarded before the shoot and how much was chosen and put in the video after filming and viewing what was captured. For my part, I am not doing storyboard but only choose to go to some area and film and then put together whatever I can. I am impressed.
Hello there!
First of all, I am thankful to have you here and feedback me your best!
Second, its not beyond anyones ability to create such videos. You just got to practice. And when you think you're done and you're good enough, just practice more.
About storyboard, well, I tend to "make a plan", pretty much like you said, go there, try and film this and that, but I'm not really leaving home with a script in hand, if that's what you ask.
Every scene comes as an inspiration of the place I am in at that particular time. I usually shoot 2-3 times the same scene to make sure I get it right. Some just get scrapped and don't even make it to the final cut.
So yes, my process is pretty much close to yours. Usually the magic happens in post production when you start editing. I usually fill the timeline with all the footage I think it's good and start making small cuts, then try to put some logic into them.
Anyway, this is something I could talk about for days! Haha!
Feel free to reply if you have any more questions! I'd be more than happy to reply!

Well that was a wonderful video and particularly well done for something that was not scripted out ahead of time. You might enjoy a few of my videos at my youtube channel, such as it is. The Railroad video, Atigun Pass and Valdez might be of some interest. I'll keep an eye out for any of your work to be sure. Super impressed. akdrone youtube vids

Reactions: JimSteadman
Well that was a wonderful video and particularly well done for something that was not scripted out ahead of time. You might enjoy a few of my videos at my youtube channel, such as it is. The Railroad video, Atigun Pass and Valdez might be of some interest. I'll keep an eye out for any of your work to be sure. Super impressed. akdrone youtube vids
I have just subscribed and will have a look when enough time available in my hands! Happy to connect mate!
Very nice video! Mission accomplished in my opinion. Love the camera angles from in and on the car combined with the time-lapse
Hello Tom, glad you enjoyed it! As I mentioned before, I'm surprised by the reactions I'm getting so yeah, really happy about it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost