DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"The Shot"- A Cinematic Video - Mavic Mini last job!

Just a HERO

Reactions
Long story short: Still amazed by the difference an ND Filter can make. Aerial footage shot on good old Mavic Mini. Last video for this little fella since I will be upgrading next month!

Hi mates šŸ¤š After a while I come back with a project which wants to be cinematic with the help of GoPro HERO 11 and Mavic Mini. How much of that did I managed to achieve, its your opinion only, but I would love to hear it! šŸ˜šŸ‘Œ

About the video itself, filming took about 10-12 hours? I think? Basically it was a marathon, and drove just about 1050km šŸ¤£ Editing was the hardest part, taking over 4 weeks but with limited amount of time spent every day (2 hours max), sometimes less.

Please share your toughts! šŸ˜šŸ‘Œ

Pretty incredable little cameras. Great job story telling! I've only used my GoPro once for anything serious and that was a shot of baby chickens in a runner. Definate overload of cuteness as they stuck their faces in the lens and checked the thing out. Cut that with some BlackMagic camera footage and it held up real nice along with a short clip with the MP2. I'm a fan! BTW, have got some nice clips from the DJI pocket as well. Amazing what those little cameras can do.

Great video

Pretty incredable little cameras. Great job story telling! I've only used my GoPro once for anything serious and that was a shot of baby chickens in a runner. Definate overload of cuteness as they stuck their faces in the lens and checked the thing out. Cut that with some BlackMagic camera footage and it held up real nice along with a short clip with the MP2. I'm a fan! BTW, have got some nice clips from the DJI pocket as well. Amazing what those little cameras can do.
Haha, your adventure with the GoPro Cameras sounds like some sort of GoPro Awards kind of footage! You should have definitely applied for that! I actually got awarded for that kind of footage with my 1 year old son as well! :)
I am more than happy that I got your attention with my clip and feel free to subscribe to my YouTube or any other social media, as I will do the same!
Anyway, yes, the HERO 11 is quite incredible mostly due to the 10-bit capabilities this year, which gives us more color depth, but all in one, it's not really about the cameras we use, but about the person behind it, so I encourage everyone with any camera to just CREATE, create, and create some more!
Nice editing fella , some really good thought out shots
Thank you very much Hooly!

I must admit that the shots are not as "thought out" as they seem. I'm not really leaving home with a script in hand.
Every scene comes as an inspiration of the place I am in at that particular time. I usually shoot 2-3 times the same scene to make sure I get it right. Some just get scrapped and don't even make it to the final cut.
So yes, my process is pretty simplified.
Usually the magic happens in post production when you start editing. I usually fill the timeline with all the footage I think it's good and start making small cuts, then try to put some logic into them.
Anyway, this is something I could talk about for days! Haha!
Feel free to reply if you have any questions! I'd be more than happy to reply!
Great video
Thanks a lot GFields! If any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks again everybody! Looking forward for more feedback!

Haha, your adventure with the GoPro Cameras sounds like some sort of GoPro Awards kind of footage! You should have definitely applied for that! I actually got awarded for that kind of footage with my 1 year old son as well! :)
I am more than happy that I got your attention with my clip and feel free to subscribe to my YouTube or any other social media, as I will do the same!
Anyway, yes, the HERO 11 is quite incredible mostly due to the 10-bit capabilities this year, which gives us more color depth, but all in one, it's not really about the cameras we use, but about the person behind it, so I encourage everyone with any camera to just CREATE, create, and create some more!

Thank you very much Hooly!

I must admit that the shots are not as "thought out" as they seem. I'm not really leaving home with a script in hand.
Every scene comes as an inspiration of the place I am in at that particular time. I usually shoot 2-3 times the same scene to make sure I get it right. Some just get scrapped and don't even make it to the final cut.
So yes, my process is pretty simplified.
Usually the magic happens in post production when you start editing. I usually fill the timeline with all the footage I think it's good and start making small cuts, then try to put some logic into them.
Anyway, this is something I could talk about for days! Haha!
Feel free to reply if you have any questions! I'd be more than happy to reply!

Thanks a lot GFields! If any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks again everybody! Looking forward for more feedback!

I'm with you there my friend. I have quite an assortment of cameras and the one to use is the one best for the job. I've cut a lot of mixed footage and content of the footage always trumps the color science and tech specs of the camera.

A really well done video: beautiful scenes and well edited.

As this section of the forum is about criticisms, let me give you one, somewhat ironically: it's not clear to me whether the video is to promote the car, the GoPro, or the black shirt and coat of the person in the video ;)

I'm with you there my friend. I have quite an assortment of cameras and the one to use is the one best for the job. I've cut a lot of mixed footage and content of the footage always trumps the color science and tech specs of the camera.
Really cool to meet people having the thoughts! I subscribed to your channel just now! Will also have a look at your videos later today if time allows me to.
A really well done video: beautiful scenes and well edited.

As this section of the forum is about criticisms, let me give you one, somewhat ironically: it's not clear to me whether the video is to promote the car, the GoPro, or the black shirt and coat of the person in the video ;)
Hahaha... Nice! Love the feedback! While it is also funny, you also may be right.
The secret behind all this is that I'm promoting the GoPro itself, but had a dependency on another 3rd party that was yet to release its Add-on for Premiere Pro. I have this video ready for quite some time now, but only now I have just been allowed to.
I am also a passionate GoPro Camera lover and GoPro themselvs are aware of me being there. That's pretty much all I can say. :D

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Really cool to meet people having the thoughts! I subscribed to your channel just now! Will also have a look at your videos later today if time allows me to.

Hahaha... Nice! Love the feedback! While it is also funny, you also may be right.
The secret behind all this is that I'm promoting the GoPro itself, but had a dependency on another 3rd party that was yet to release its Add-on for Premiere Pro. I have this video ready for quite some time now, but only now I have just been allowed to.
I am also a passionate GoPro Camera lover and GoPro themselvs are aware of me being there. That's pretty much all I can say. :D
I appreciate the thoughtfulness to subscribe but sorry to say you won't find much. By far most of my videos are unlisted. Although I use YT as a streaming service I do not care for YT politics or practices and avoid working for them.

I appreciate the thoughtfulness to subscribe but sorry to say you won't find much. By far most of my videos are unlisted. Although I use YT as a streaming service I do not care for YT politics or practices and avoid working for them.
Yeah, don't even get me started on YouTube.... I just finished my rant on Reddit. Hahahah

Reactions: SmilingOgre

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998