DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle Avoidance Continuously Activated at 350ft Up

ssjer2911

Reactions
Hello everyone. I'm a longtime Phantom pilot and just purchased a Mavic Pro and on my 2nd flight I took it up to 350 feet more than 100 feet above everything in the area. Where I was the sky is clear in all directions for miles and miles, but every 20-30 feet the obstacle avoidance would engage and I'd have to hover there for a minute of so, then move forward and again 20-30 feet it would beep, display obstacle on the screen, it continued to do this out to 4000 feet. I hovered at 4000 distant and then returned home on nearly the same path in which obstacle avoidance triggered once more before landing.

Has anyone had this happen? Any ideas on why? I have flown this airspace hundreds of times with the P4 and never had this happen.

Were you facing into the sun when it would go off?
No, sun was completely down, plus it was cloudy today. Flight occurred around 7:30 this evening, after sunset, but still light enough for a short flight. It's the craziest thing I've ever seen, P4 never did this and didn't happen on Mavic's 1st flight which was on very sunny mid day.

Did you remove the sticky plastic things that cover the FOA eyes? If so, try recalibrating your FOA sensors with DJI Assistant 2 and let us know how it goes.

Not sure what firmware you are on but one firmware, I think .800 or .900 if I remember was super sensitive on forward obstacle avoidance.
Update to firmware .1000 and as ThunderDrones said do a FOV calibration using Assistant2 on PC. It solved it for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky