DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle Avoidance indicator is Red in Sport Mode

rwatts3

Reactions
Greetings,

I have downloaded and installed the latest firmware.
I have even gone as far as calibrating the obstacle avoidance cameras via Assistant 2.

For some reason when I am in sport mode with the camera modes set to Auto (not A or S). The indicator remains red in sport mode, but detects obstacles in S and P mode.

What am I doing wrong is this a known bug with the latest firmware.
P.s. I just got my M2P 2 days ago brand new.

OA does not work in Sport mode. It may still detect obstacles but it cannot stop in time at full throttle.

“S” is Sport Mode. Check out page 13 of the Mavic 2 user manual. Basically, Sport Mode is so fast that vision sensors are disabled: at Sport Mode speeds, by the time an obstacle is detected, there would not be enough time to avoid it.

Perfect thank you all so much for clarifying that.
Based on the indicator I was under the impression that it was not working. But what you've said makes sense.
So basically be careful in sport mode :)

Have a great Monday !

Reactions: Turn11
Be careful for sure !!! This thing’s like a little rocket. It actually surprised me at first, used to slow Yuneec Q500 4K.

Have fun!

It’s a photo tool for me: I’m always looking for ways to slow it down and make it smooth and stable. Given that I paid the premium for the good camera, I can’t imagine racing it. The camera may have its warts, but I’d be sad to see it totaled. I’m tempted to try racing some day, but maybe a cheaper model without precious “cargo”.

Reactions: LakeTravis
Have fun!

It’s a photo tool for me: I’m always looking for ways to slow it down and make it smooth and stable. Given that I paid the premium for the good camera, I can’t imagine racing it. The camera may have its warts, but I’d be sad to see it totaled. I’m tempted to try racing some day, but maybe a cheaper model without precious “cargo”.
I couldn't agree more. I was more so trying to figure everything out. So much more in the UI compared to the Yuneec Breeze. And I think the sport mode was flipped on by default.

In Sport mode it takes a LOT longer to brake and you may have to pull the stick to reverse so you don't hit something. Find an open area, let it rip and then see how long it takes to stop before just taking off and flying around with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre