DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle Avoidance

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss dj_ricecube! I know what it feels like :/

I recently crashed my mavic flying backwards and was wondering whether the rear obstacle avoidance shouldn't have stopped it? I'm a 100% certain I didn't turn it off. Will it show up in the Flight Report whether it was in fact switched off? And if it was an error, does the warranty cover a replacement?

Other than that, I managed to recover the aircraft, lost the SD card of all things, battery & camera. It looks fine and still holds the battery. Does anyone know whether it is still safe to fly after surviving a 50m drop crash?

Thank you in advance guys! :)

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss dj_ricecube! I know what it feels like :/

I recently crashed my mavic flying backwards and was wondering whether the rear obstacle avoidance shouldn't have stopped it? I'm a 100% certain I didn't turn it off. Will it show up in the Flight Report whether it was in fact switched off? And if it was an error, does the warranty cover a replacement?

Other than that, I managed to recover the aircraft, lost the SD card of all things, battery & camera. It looks fine and still holds the battery. Does anyone know whether it is still safe to fly after surviving a 50m drop crash?

Thank you in advance guys! :)
Mavic has no rear obstacle avoidance.

Reactions: BigEegit