DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle detected when flying toward the sun

Pedro.FR2K

Reactions
Problem? Obstacle detected when flying toward the sun

Was unit in a crash? No

What have you tried so far? Clean front sensors, calibrate sensors using DJI Assistant

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? iPhone 6

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? Latest Firmware (last updated 17-06-2018)

What Go app version are you using? Latest version

Any modification? No

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?
No

I've been having this problem since I bought my bird. Sometimes, when I'm flying towards the sun, the drone brakes really hard and i get the message "Obstacle". It only happens sometimes, but most of those ended up ruining my shots, and as a wedding photographer, it kinda sucks.

When that happens, the best fix is to disable obstacle avoidance if you must fly toward the sun.

When that happens, the best fix is to disable obstacle avoidance if you must fly toward the sun.
I thought of doing that but the sensors saved my drone once, almost crashed into a tree, that was a year ago though. Maybe I'll just do that.
Thanks

Problem? Obstacle detected when flying toward the sun...I've been having this problem since I bought my bird. Sometimes, when I'm flying towards the sun, the drone brakes really hard and i get the message "Obstacle"...
This is normal, especially when the sun is lower on the horizon. You know, when the light is best for photography! Turn off your forward sensors and you will be fine. You should rely more on your eyes to prevent a crash than the sensors anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22