DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle During RTH

changkh

Reactions
If I set both max altitude and RTH height to be 60m and aircraft encounters 80m high building during RTH, does it continue to ascend (according to manual) until it clears the building?

It will depend on your flying mode. In tripod mode it will come to a stop in front of the obstacle, until you guide it clear of the obstacle. In normal mode it will either go around or over the obstacle. In sport mode all obstacle avoidance is turned off. Because your RTH is set at 60m, your aircraft would fly into the building at 60m high. Always set your RTH higher than the tallest tree, building, or power line wherever you are flying.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
What I do to determin if my RTH is set correct, is after the take-off, I get upt to the RTH altitude and then make a slow 360 with the camera horizontal. If I see no obstacle, I know I am safe.

What I do to determin if my RTH is set correct, is after the take-off, I get upt to the RTH altitude and then make a slow 360 with the camera horizontal. If I see no obstacle, I know I am safe.
Unless you (inadvertently) cancel the ascension to the RTH altitude with stick movements after RTH has started when signal got restored....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde