Not open for further replies.

Squidinc

I come from a land “down under”
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtu.be
Hi all,

Recently I almost lost my new Air3 into the ocean thanks to some very unnerving altitudes set by the flight algorithms in a waypoints flight.

How close was this to disaster!!!!!
IMG_1362.jpeg

RTH saved me within a heartbeat.

As the great majority of my flights are over water, I’ve decided to invest US $204.90 for the @Phantomrain.orgAir3 Rain & Rescue Package”

Better value for my money than a DJI Care Refresh as I would most likely never be able to return my drone from Davy Jones 🏴‍☠️ locker anyway.

I’m looking forward to flying without a worry over water, and can’t wait to get my Air3 “Rain & Rescue” proof!

Last edited:
We got you , sending out the Air 3 Rain and Rescue Package on Monday.. one of our favorite setups. This gear will change the way you see the Bad Weather days as you become fearless over the waves. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: Squidinc
I saw the video and must admit I gasped thinking it was gone.

Reactions: Squidinc and sarahb
We got you , sending out the Air 3 Rain and Rescue Package on Monday.. one of our favorite setups. This gear will change the way you see the Bad Weather days as you become fearless over the waves. .

Phantomrain.org
Thanks @Phantomrain.org Should be lots of fun! Now all I need will be a snorkel 🤿 or perhaps DJI sell scuba tanks for the Air 3🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I hope I never do that

I hope you do 🫣🙂

That is, capture some killer stills/footage close to the water.

[The video was removed by a moderator.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just wondering how much the rescue package weighs and what it does to the performance of the drone.

Reactions: davidarmenb
I'm just wondering how much the rescue package weighs and what it does to the performance of the drone.
The Rescue Jacket used on the Air 3 is the same one used on the Air 2 and Air 2S
here it is in action on a long distance flight, on average you can expect to loose about 5 minutes of flight time , however you can also gain some back with a nice wind . The Rescue Jacket weighs about 5 ounces.

Here you can see the Same rescue Jacket with the Air 2

Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
I had the same thought. I just looked and didn’t find that information on his website.

So let’s ask @Phantomrain.org
What does the package purchased in post number one weigh?

I had the same thought. I just looked and didn’t find that information on his website.

So let’s ask @Phantomrain.org
What does the package purchased in post number one weigh?

I like to roll with Pictures and video so were looking just under 5 ounces.
This is for the Air 2 the Air 2S and the Air 3 .

Phantomrain.org
Coal

2024-05-06_19h20_05.png

Reactions: RangerEd
The Rescue Jacket used on the Air 3 is the same one used on the Air 2 and Air 2S
here it is in action on a long distance flight, on average you can expect to loose about 5 minutes of flight time , however you can also gain some back with a nice wind . The Rescue Jacket weighs about 7ounces.

Here you can see the Same rescue Jacket with the Air 2

Phantomrain.org

The addition of a bulky object on a drone will NOT allow the wind to aid the flight of a drone. That's like cutting a hole in the bottom of a boat to allow water to drain out. Sounds interesting, doesn't work.

If it did work, we'd all by attaching big foam blocks to our drones and airplanes would have huge sails that were unfurled for downwind flights.

He’s not alone. I think it’s great that Mr.Rain can generate the interest and the dollars that he does. Running any business these days is a challenge to some degree.

Completely understandable. Few products are liked and valued by everyone.

It simply would be civil and realistic to demonstrate an understanding of the opposite by his critics. This is not a product review forum, but a place that people come to get help.

Pure contrarian responses inform others of nothing other than the disdain of the critic. If you truly want to add value to the discussion, and are of the opinion Phantomrain.org's products are worthless, ask questions and find out what the questioner's application is, then explain why Phantomrain.org's product is either unnecessary or won't help in accomplishing the mission they want to fly.

"You shouldn't fly in the rain" or "develop your flying skills" are meaningless, simply obnoxious responses and add nothing.

This thread has run its course. Folks are becoming uncivil, post deleted.

Reactions: clackey
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925