DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

occusync issue?

Rick_Tizzy

Reactions
For my last couple of flights now, the camera image displayed on my tablet has started to deteriorate intermittently and today came to the point that almost the whole image was constantly being broken up resulting in on average two thirds of the screen just black with a pixelated image on top.

Telemetry is displayed just fine and everything works like it should, ie recordings, sensors, gps, map, compass and rth etc, it's just the camera image which isn't coming through properly.

I've had the mavic since it came out and had it fall out of a tree not too long ago for which it needed to be sent in with a broken arm and gimbal cable. So it seems likely the repair wasn't bulletproof, but I just wanted to hear if there's anything I could try myself before contacting DJI again...

Anybody else with these symptoms and anything I could do?

Try another phone/tab and a new cable. My 0.02$

Sounds as if your device isn’t keeping up. Are you using Android? Clear your cache and close all other programs when running Go4. Also try not caching to your device, if you haven’t already tried that.

There are many discussions about this. The problems usually are in order of likelyhood:
• A recent software/firmware update
• Your tablet is getting maxed out i.e. overtaxed processor, other apps running, WiFi not turned off, low available memory, cache full
• Bad cable or connection
• Bad SD card

There may be other causes but these are most likely. I doubt that the crash and repair have anything to do with it.

thanks for the quick replies guys, much appreciated!

Good to hear the crash is probably unrelated, I hope so too although it might make any contact with DJI a little more budget friendly if it comes to that.

To update:
- I have indeed updated the firmware since the crash, this'll have to be the last thing I check so that's probably it ;p
- I've been using the nexus 7 2013 tablet ever since I got the mavic without issues so cpu power is not likely the issue
- caching wasn't an option I'd thought/think of so will definitely check that
- I do have the app installation on the tablet optimised for/minimised to the dji go app, but it might indeed still have a config issue so will swap it out for a different device
- tablet is in airplane mode whenever I fly with all signals off. I do have a mobile on me too though so could still be interference from that, will check it
- connectors and usb cable connections are notoriously fragile so definitely maybe something there; was the first thing I swapped out yesterday on return but have only had time for a short flight indoors which was inconclusive. Did also check the cable I've been using (since the beginning) and it seems to hold up for PC transfers but that too is inconclusive and only good for checking a major break;
- not sure why the SD card would be an issue, as recordings are not an issue you probably mean for the tablet but that doesn't have one;

Will get back to you asap

For my last couple of flights now, the camera image displayed on my tablet has started to deteriorate intermittently and today came to the point that almost the whole image was constantly being broken up resulting in on average two thirds of the screen just black with a pixelated image on top.

Telemetry is displayed just fine and everything works like it should, ie recordings, sensors, gps, map, compass and rth etc, it's just the camera image which isn't coming through properly.

I've had the mavic since it came out and had it fall out of a tree not too long ago for which it needed to be sent in with a broken arm and gimbal cable. So it seems likely the repair wasn't bulletproof, but I just wanted to hear if there's anything I could try myself before contacting DJI again...

Anybody else with these symptoms and anything I could do?
it is not an ocusync issue. It is the updated .20 version of the go4 app that is the problem for many people right now. i was having similiar issues, and somebody on here solved my problem. Uninstall the app, and download the older .16 version and i bet your problem goes away. If you do this, be sure that your "auto updates" is turned off for your apps. I downloaded .16, and my phone auto updated it to .20 an hour later, so i had to do it over again and turn that setting off. I downloaded here DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.16 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Last edited:
Reactions: Cbslagle
That's interesting. There doesn't seem to be much discussion on this, where can I find more info on the issue?

it is not an ocusync issue. It is the updated .20 version of the go4 app that is the problem for many people right now. i was having similiar issues, and somebody on here solved my problem. Uninstall the app, and download the older .16 version and i bet your problem goes away. If you do this, be sure that your "auto updates" is turned off for your apps. I downloaded .16, and my phone auto updated it to .20 an hour later, so i had to do it over again and turn that setting off. I downloaded here DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.16 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

You are a life saver! Thank you!

Reactions: Skiergd011013
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98