DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly having a problem while flying

Well, i tried using a different usb cable today, and turned off "fast charging" on my phone. It is still doing it. This is really annoying and taking the fun out of flying. I was still within vlos, and of course had full hd and controller signal. This never used to happen, this thing always worked flawlessly.I just emailed dji customer service. Usually they get back to me pretty quickly. Will let you know what they say.

Reactions: M K
Well, i tried using a different usb cable today, and turned off "fast charging" on my phone. It is still doing it. This is really annoying and taking the fun out of flying. I was still within vlos, and of course had full hd and controller signal. This never used to happen, this thing always worked flawlessly.I just emailed dji customer service. Usually they get back to me pretty quickly. Will let you know what they say.
It is a problem / fault induced by DJI with latest Go4 update and it's to do with the way the video caching crunches the feed and displays it on your device. Some devices GPU are not handling it and so you get pixilation.
Untill DJI release a fixed update then go here and download the .16 version of Go4 and uninstall .20 version then install the .16 version and all will be fine.

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.16 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror

Last edited:
It is a problem / fault induced by DJI with latest Go4 update and it's to do with the way the video caching crunches the feed and displays it on your device. Some devices GPU are not handling it and so you get pixilation.
Untill DJI release a fixed update then go here and download the .16 version of Go4 and uninstall .20 version then install the .16 version and all will be fine.

DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 4.2.16 APK Download by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD - APKMirror
1,000 internet points to you sir. I did what you said, and it is back to working perfectly. I had to turn "auto app updates" off on my phone though. I downloaded version .16, and a while later my phone updated it to .20. I turned that off and re-downloaded .16. It is working great! Just flew 3 batts and went out 2 miles. Its a bit annoying that djis own update is ruining peoples flying. For now on when it asks me to firmware update, i'm not doing it! Thanks for the help

While flying, i just recently started having problems with the apps video feed lagging, and glitching/pixelating. This is all while still very close to the drone, all background apps closed, phone in airplane mode etc. It happens in different locations, so its not interference in one spot. i have a full hd and controller signal to the drone when it happens. The drone responds flawlessly to me controlling it, the problem seems to be the app itself. This is getting very irritating. What can I do?
Haven’t read the whole thread responses but, I had the same issues with my pro platinum. Only started after an update to my Samsung phone. I was able to fix it by purchasing a new iPhone. No more problems.

Reactions: Skiergd011013
Haven’t read the whole thread responses but, I had the same issues with my pro platinum. Only started after an update to my Samsung phone. I was able to fix it by purchasing a new iPhone. No more problems.
ahhh. The fix is just simply downloading the previous version of go4

My only other thought is relative temperature; is it hot where you are? Humidity maybe? The app will make any device run hot. It being summer, that can’t help. Direct sunlight might cause it to overheat.
That's the issue I've had. Only in hot weather would my video feed go spastic so I mounted a finned heat sink on the back of my iPad mini (don't know the version. Its a year and half old.) It's important to use a heat sink adhesive. I used Arctic Alumina www.arcticsilver.com

Really hot weather is rare where I live so I've had only one chance to test it so far, but that one worked perfectly at 91 degrees while standing in the sun.

That's the issue I've had. Only in hot weather would my video feed go spastic so I mounted a finned heat sink on the back of my iPad mini (don't know the version. Its a year and half old.) It's important to use a heat sink adhesive. I used Arctic Alumina www.arcticsilver.com

Really hot weather is rare where I live so I've had only one chance to test it so far, but that one worked perfectly at 91 degrees while standing in the sun.
its roasting right now in Mass. Mid to upper 90's highs with heat index's in the hundreds. I just don't go out in these conditions. I went out yesterday and waited until 8pm to fly. I have flown in temps in the low 80's, and my phone gets quite hot. Its never caused a problem, but i like flying when its more comfortable, so i do evenings.

Here is what keeps happening to my feed. Its not making it fun to fly. View attachment 40891

Yep! I just got over that same view on my tablet. I would say it was the 4.2.20 DJI Go 4 update. I had to revert back to 4.2.16 in order to have a decent screen to view. I can't believe DJI hasn't fixed this for Android stuff yet.

Yep! I contacted DJI about the lag & pixelation too - NEVER got a reply!

I have the same problem with the S7 phone, I am getting an S9+ so waiting to see how it works before downgrading the app, or maybe DJI will have a fix for this soon, geeesus the problem is very wide spread and message boards are full of these complaints, they better get off their *** to do something quick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan