DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Suddenly having a problem while flying

I'm on Android 8, I wonder if that makes a difference. To see the Go4 version go to android settings, apps menu and select the app then scroll right down to the bottom

I have the same issue with pixilated video on a OnePlus3. It worked without issue, my last 3 flights I've had the problem. Doesn't matter where I fly and I didn't update.

Arghh... these are just more reasons to keep from updating apps. It’s why DJI should have a dedicated screen combined with a remote. They have to update their software with every Android or iOS update. My video pixelates (new word) when I fly.
The CrystalSky is their answer for that; then all pieces of hardware/software are from "one throat to choke", DJI.

The CrystalSky is their answer for that; then all pieces of hardware/software are from "one throat to choke", DJI.
Only thing is we have have the same problem with the latest firmware versions on the CrystalSky too.
Some, seemingly random, bootups the Go4 app starts with short freezes, to saying Aircraft disconnected to finally completely crash and complete reboot of the CrystalSky is the only way out. After reboot it works like a charm again and you can fly several batteries without a glitch.
However, you never lose contact between the aircraft and the remote so if you're in los you can bring the bird home while you reboot.

Reactions: conchman
I use a LG stylo 3 plus had to revert back to 4.2.16 too it was un usable..

I just got my S9+ and the pixelating is gone, was so bad I couldn't fly anymore using the S7. I think the only solution is to downgrade, if you still have that problem, or buy a newer phone.

I wonder if DJI thinks that it is just a few phones with this problem and will do no upgrade or revision.

This is no problem with DJi GO 4.
Look what happens with Litichi..

This video was made by me

I have struggled with this problem since the beginning of the year and
only resolved when I bought an iPhone 6S just to fly.

Last edited:
See that even the DJi Androids escape from this fate.

I did the test proposed by this guy.
It works, but for a few seconds and then the problem comes back.

Last edited:
Mfi is just an apple marketing thing. If you want your product to be allowed to connect with apple devices you have to join the MFi program and get yourself licensed by apple and display this graphic on the box. It doesn't mean that it wasn't designed for android as well, just you don't have to do all that stuff to make an Android connected product.

Reactions: Eagle Jr
I would be interested in knowing more about which heat sink and how it is attached to the iPad
I didn't see your post sooner, but I just google heat sinks and ordered this one last summer when I first had this problem, but the hot weather and the problem went a way for a year and this summer I finally just glued it to the back of the iPad with the heat transferring Arctic Silver product. It's working pretty great and we've got lots of really hot weather. Tomorrow may tell the tale as I'm scheduled to fly with 100 degrees forecast.

I have the same problem with the S7 phone, I am getting an S9+ so waiting to see how it works before downgrading the app, or maybe DJI will have a fix for this soon, geeesus the problem is very wide spread and message boards are full of these complaints, they better get off their *** to do something quick.

I have the Samsung S8 and ive not had any problems with the 4.2.20 Go4 App Did a 4 mile round trip with it Smooth as butter.....

Sucks like a bag of Richards.
I bought a mavic pro new just as they updated to this rubbish FW ($1399) then did a quick google (too quick in hindsight} and quickly found a site with the 5 best tablets for an MP, a samsung S2 was up in the top 5 stating it had the best screen, 8 cores and enough RAM.
Bought a second hand one ($200)
Tried everything to get it to work including rolling back blah blah but no go.
Had to buy a mini4 secondhand (($450) just to be able to use it.
So not a good experience as a brand new drone user as it was over 2 weeks from unboxing to actually being able to use it. Kinnda takes the gloss off things.
Anybody wanna buy an almost like new S2?

While flying, i just recently started having problems with the apps video feed lagging, and glitching/pixelating. This is all while still very close to the drone, all background apps closed, phone in airplane mode etc. It happens in different locations, so its not interference in one spot. i have a full hd and controller signal to the drone when it happens. The drone responds flawlessly to me controlling it, the problem seems to be the app itself. This is getting very irritating. What can I do?
I think that Mavic likes a "class E" SD card for higher transfer rate, guessing here, but if it gets bogged down writing it can impact all processing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos